What else do you have in your rig?

Adman103

Power User
I'm really curious to know what else people keep in their racks besides the Axe... What else do you use? Maybe a Furman, wireless unit, or another effects processor... or nothing else at all!

What else have you got in your rack? :p

Furman
Relay G50 Wireless
AB/Y set up with A-wireless, B-cable back up
FS-6 set for Vol +/Vol - (Great idea Yek!!!)
2 Expression Pedals

2 synth 32 wireless
Roland midi convertor
Yamaha rack module for single voice instruments
Korg 01/w keyboard
Furman conditioner
Drawer my mfc101 & ep1 fit in.
Rack mixer

Furman PL-8 Series II
Funk Logic DD-301 Digilog Dynamicator
Fractal Audio Axe-FX II (with the magical, mystical and rare 'big soft rubber knobs')
*Berenstain Bear head - has been in/on my rig (somewhere) for every show, rehearsal, session, etc since I was a kid.

IMAG0417.jpg

Last edited:
Beside my Axe....

MesaBoogie Studio Preamp
Lexicon PCM70 (V 2.0 ROM)
SolidStateLogic Duende V128
Line6 POD HD Bean (huh? - yeah!)
TC-Helicon Voicetone Synth
MetricHalo ULN2+DSP (Jensen Upgraded)
BOSS RC50 Looper

Last edited:
Thanks for the replys! I'm planning out the rest of my rack, so as a new-to-racks guy, it's good to see what others are using. Furmans are pretty universal, huh? I'm trying to decide between the full featured 10+ space rack on wheels with all the bells and whistles, or the keep it simple stupid rack with just the axe.

Scott, bear heads are mojo!

Don, the rig with the microQ sounds really interesting- you use that with the axe?

Furman and a G50. Next month I'm planning on putting together a front side patch panel for the 4th rack space so I can hook up my MFC, speakers, and USB without having to dig around the back side of the rack.

Mk, I remember seeing and reading about that fbt iem processor in another thread- I'm going to be using iem's from this point on at church. I used them for the first time last week, and it was awful- had my ears pounded when the board changed the gain settings ( I think that's what happened at least) for the signal going into the MyMixes between sets...
So how do you route the dbx? Could I take the signal from the mymix (which I think is kind of like an axiom? Maybe someone who knows what they're talking about could help here) and run it into the dbx and then into a wireless iem set? Is that sort of like what you do? Thanks!

My first time was awful too. Thanks to a couple of guys on boards I am much more comfortable with IEMs. Great buds are essential. Panning players and singers a bit left or right will make it seem less claustrophobic and more natural. Unless you have a world class guy mixing your monitors, you will want to control your own mix. It sounds like your FOH guy is mixing monitors too. That is a drag.

Anyway to answer your question, Output 1 XLR goes to the house. Output 2 and my monitor mix go to the System Mix. The mixer was made to run series/parallel. I send mix one to my FBT's. Mix 2 which includes the monitor feed goes to the DBX then to the Shure wireless. The DBX is adding compression, EQ and a bit of reverb....the latter makes a big difference in depth of field in my hearing more natural. I hate dry vocals and click.

The DBX is silly expensive new but you can pick them up used for about $300.

MKeditor said:
The DBX is silly expensive new but you can pick them up used for about $300.
I've been watching E-bay for one of these for a few weeks. Last night I saw 5 go up for $200. Today there is 4. ;)

Terry.

Don, the rig with the microQ sounds really interesting- you use that with the axe?

oh yes!
If the µQ (and many, many other synths) has a weak point, it's the somewhat clinical fx section. Add great distortion and fx to any synth (I used to love my CS-1x through a Chameleon preamp) and bingo.

I'll post pics later... I have a Rane SM26B which splits my Axe's output 1 into three separate stereo pairs. This frees up my output 2 for FX Loop use. I also have a Rane SM-28 or 82 I can't remember. This is a mixer that allows me to plug in a monitor feed the board. Similar to the guy with the DMC System Mix. Rane gear is exceptionally quiet and clean. Decent prices used on eBay too.

I'm a djent djent meedley meedely meedely type player...

Sent from my iPod.

What else have you got in your rack?
Nothing. It's a 4u rack, with two blanking plates. One of the plates has a stereo jack socket so that I can take a stereo lead from the guitar, and pass the magnetic and piezo signals into left and right channels.

Red Vines (twizzlers suck), Picture of Eddie Van Halen, Fingernail clippers and an extra pair of underwear.

Back
Top Bottom