What Effect Is This?

Whammy pedal! One of my all time favorite pedals!

It's in the pitch block as the Classic Whammy or Advanced Whammy, at least in the III/FM3. Not sure what it was called in previous units.

That's too funny....something is drawing me to the Whammy pedal today. I pulled mine out of my closet earlier today to lend to a friend, then tripped on it when I walked into my studio 20 minutes ago. Sat down behind my desk and plugged in a guitar, start playing a bit and something seems really weird, I look at AxeEdit and don't see anything unusual until I looked at the pedalboard and saw my expression pedal was pushed down a little and I have the Classic Whammy engaged, so my whole guitar was pitched up somewhere around 3/4's a step.

This was the first page I opened when I opened the internet, the first post.

I've got a few covers to record tonight and none of them involve a Whammy pedal....but for some reason, it's showing it's face to me repeatedly.

That's too funny....something is drawing me to the Whammy pedal today. I pulled mine out of my closet earlier today to lend to a friend, then tripped on it when I walked into my studio 20 minutes ago. Sat down behind my desk and plugged in a guitar, start playing a bit and something seems really weird, I look at AxeEdit and don't see anything unusual until I looked at the pedalboard and saw my expression pedal was pushed down a little and I have the Classic Whammy engaged, so my whole guitar was pitched up somewhere around 3/4's a step.

This was the first page I opened when I opened the internet, the first post.

I've got a few covers to record tonight and none of them involve a Whammy pedal....but for some reason, it's showing it's face to me repeatedly.
It's almost like you're meant to post something out here tonight! I think it's a sign! Lol!

Thank you! Man that sounds awesome.

They're a blast for some and hated by others. I've had one in every rig I've had since 1997. Steve Vai originally interested me in them, at the end of his song "There's A Fire In The House", during the live shows, there was a pause in the beginning where he had it on the 2 Octave Up setting and just made the guitar SCREAM, then at the end he was doing all these dive bombs on the whammy bar with a bunch of delay, then he'd shoot up the neck and press down on the pedal and it was just crazy to my 14 year old ears.

It happens at 1:06 and 5:27 here-

It's been used by a lot of guys in the metal realm, Dimebag Darrel, the Korn guys, Tom Morello, Gojira....lots of cool stuff you can do with it aside from the whammy up thing. There's harmonies, a detune chorus, you can go down an octave/2 octaves, etc. It's all stuff you can do with an AxeFX now.

Just awesome. I've always wanted to see him but never have. I've seen G3 once but Vai wasn't with them. I saw Satriani, Petrucci, and Gilbert.

Just awesome. I've always wanted to see him but never have. I've seen G3 once but Vai wasn't with them. I saw Satriani, Petrucci, and Gilbert.
I've seen Vai many times, at least 5 or 6 times with Zappa, then with David L. Roth and White Snake and G3 a few times, I always thought he should have done a session with Asia and or Yes to round out his prog pop career.

Back
Top Bottom