What does it mean when all light are shining at startup and stay on constanly.

Macros

Bought a second hand axe fx II that arrived by mail today. I attached power cord and started up. Now all lights are on all the time and can't interact with the unit. Also tried to attach the MFC and it just say signal timout or something. I suspect it was damaged in mail, and is a "late" unit now. therefore didn't want to post this in "Bug" section. Anybody have some inside on this?

maybe a corrupt preset.
power off, then hold the recall button while powering up and see if that will let you in.

I've had that happen once in awhile

Corrupt firmware? Maybe try a factory reset and then re-install the firmware and latest factory presets.

maybe a corrupt preset.
power off, then hold the recall button while powering up and see if that will let you in.

I've had that happen once in awhile

Tried it. several times. And forgot to say that the screen looks like a QR code... Is there a way to reset the whole system?

If you bought it used in this condition I would be suspicious of the seller.

Also possible that maybe a ribbon cable or something came loose during shipping.

I think FractalBot requires the Axe Fx drivers to be loaded, and you can't compete that install without a functioning Axe Fx :(

I'd check it for any loose cables inside first - just take care to remember the fan is lid mounted and needs disconnected from the mother board to fully take the lid off.

Then if nothing appears loose or obviously damaged inside I'd suggest:

1. Contact the seller and tell them it arrived non-functioning to see what they propose doing about it. If you bought it through a selling site with any returns policies then contact them too.

2. Contact FAS support for the country you live in and they might be able to give you some idea on how to diagnose further.

If it's an XL or XL+, there's rescue firmware built in that can allow you to reinstall the main firmware in emergency situations. Mark I and II units require a new boot ROM if the main firmware is corrupted (it's only something like $5 plus shipping).

It can still be updated without the drivers or FractalBot. A MIDI SysEx utility like MIDI-Ox can be used to send the firmware .syx file over regular MIDI cables if you've got a separate MIDI interface available, but you've got to get the Axe II into a receive mode either via the manual update screen in the Utility menu or via the XL/XL+ recovery firmware.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom