What does an FAS release look like?

guitarjim

Experienced
I want to be prepared for the upcoming V10 release. Since I've only been an Axe user for a few months, I've never installed a firmware update on this system before. Can someone tell me how they normally work and how they are installed? Does it overwrite the current presets? I'm assuming I only need MIDI-OX, or do I need something else?

Frankly, I'm terrified to do anything to overwrite the system, since I love it and it operates flawlessly so far. I've been dying to try out Yek's presets, but I've even hesitated doing that because they come a bank at a time and I fear that I would overwrite my own presets and not be able to get them back. But, there's no avoiding V10, so I want to be ready for it.

Well, since they are releasing Axe-edit with firmware 10, I would load Axe-edit first. Then you should be able to backup and load your firmware from there. Chris does provide some great info though, if you are using another tool.

Well, since they are releasing Axe-edit with firmware 10, I would load Axe-edit first. Then you should be able to backup and load your firmware from there. Chris does provide some great info though, if you are using another tool.

Doesn't that assume they will release an AE at the same time that is compatible with V10, or is it just the block edit stuff that is incompatible?

sure, Axe-Edit should allow you to update your firmware/presets etc as well. that particular video was created due to the absence of a proper Axe-Edit, which isn't necessary for many functions of the Axe anyway.

as soon as i can get my hands on AE and v10, i'm makin vids!

Doesn't that assume they will release an AE at the same time that is compatible with V10, or is it just the block edit stuff that is incompatible?

They will. They have all ready made the statement that they will both come out at the same time.

They will. They have all ready made the statement that they will both come out at the same time.

If I had a dollar for every time a technology vendor backed out on a previously released statement, I'd be able to afford a second Axe II:)

I pray you are correct.

I want to be prepared for the upcoming V10 release. Since I've only been an Axe user for a few months, I've never installed a firmware update on this system before. Can someone tell me how they normally work and how they are installed? Does it overwrite the current presets? I'm assuming I only need MIDI-OX, or do I need something else?

Frankly, I'm terrified to do anything to overwrite the system, since I love it and it operates flawlessly so far. I've been dying to try out Yek's presets, but I've even hesitated doing that because they come a bank at a time and I fear that I would overwrite my own presets and not be able to get them back. But, there's no avoiding V10, so I want to be ready for it.

If you download a preset Bank file, you don't have to upload that Bank to your Axe-Fx and overwrite all the 128 presets.
You load the Bank file into Axe-Edit (yes, it's due soon), select a preset within the bank, audition it, and if you like it, save it on the hardware.

BTW, V10 is going to make upgrading the firmware even easier.

I believe as part of the general chatter/rumor mill about v10 and AE was mention of an online update capability.

Truth be told there have been so many rumors that devoid of a "beta" release list for general consumption that I haven't a clue what's coming other than MIMIC.

I believe as part of the general chatter/rumor mill about v10 and AE was mention of an online update capability.

Truth be told there have been so many rumors that devoid of a "beta" release list for general consumption that I haven't a clue what's coming other than MIMIC.

thats good, because like me, we will both be blown away with what they have been working on behind the scenes for the last 6 or so months.

Back
Top Bottom