What do you set as your output level on the front panel?

I give different input levels to my different amps. On my 2/50/2, it seems to like a higher input. Really tickleing the first drive stage tube seems to get a more robust tone out of the tube amp. My K12's on the other hand seem indifferent to the input gain, so I normally set it at around 12 o'clock. 3 o'clock on the Fryette.

I have asked in the past but have not seen a definite answer: is there a sweet spot for the output? I can get the same volume by tweaking the Axe output and the amp output, but is there an ideal setup for example maxing out the amp and using the Axe output to control volume, the other way around, ...???

Around 1 o'clock into UFX line input. This gets me very close to 0dBFS in Axe-Fx = 0dBFS in UFX

I have asked in the past but have not seen a definite answer: is there a sweet spot for the output? I can get the same volume by tweaking the Axe output and the amp output, but is there an ideal setup for example maxing out the amp and using the Axe output to control volume, the other way around, ...???

I have read that there isn't but my crappy ears here a difference. If i run my xitones with matrix gm 50 turned up to halfway or greater, and the Axe at say 9 oclock, it doesn't sound as good as Axe at noon and gm 50 at 25% power.

Back
Top Bottom