What do you guys carry your MFC in?

LucasLeCompte

Experienced
Im having a hard time finding something to carry mine in. I found a few backpacks, but they were too pricy. Im mainly just looking for a bag or backpack that I can carry my MFC in.

Honestly man there are literally hundreds of pedalBoards out there to choose from. I strongly suggest that you use a pedalBoard for the sake of Mfc safety and portability. A back pack just seems a little weak to carry around a 700$ computer as important as the Mfc is... As far as which one you might wish to choose would depend on how may expression pedals you accompany your mfc-101 with or whether or not you use additional pedals alongside your Mfc. You can get a used Pedaltrain or Trailor Trash style pedalboard anywhere from 80$ to 500$ and some of them include a bunch of power supply cables and Velcro you may not use that you can re-sell to supplement the costs.
I've seen some people mount their Mfc to a Board and slide it into their racks, directly under/over the Axefx. This makes for a heavy rack but all yer junk is in one spot and easy to travel with.

Either way, skip the backpack idea and protect your investment. Good luck..

Last edited:
I have mine and two expression pedals attached to a PedalTrain board. I throw it all in the PT soft case. Works.

IMG_5170.jpg

I have a FAS-Link-to-Ether-Con adapter velcro'ed on the board behind the display now as well.

Mine is currently on a custom pedalboard that I carry in an ATA case. I've seen a number of MFC units mounted on PedalTrain boards of various sizes. The MFC and 2 expression pedals will fit onto a PT-2 (just barely), and you can get that setup with an ATA case at a decent price, and they often show up for less used.

I'll echo the sentiment expressed above : put the MFC-101 on a good board, and carry it in a flight case. It's a very solid, road-worthy board, and the extra protection afforded by a flight case is a smart investment.

Just an update I ended up order this
CNB PDC-4100G TN Flight Pedal Case Heavy Duty
41-ZJ0pNQ4L.jpg

It wasnt too expensive and and has good latches on it.

Last edited:
I used to build my own pedal board cases out of plywood. It just happens that one of my old boxes is just the right size for an MFC, pedal, and other gubbins.

I like the Mono cases (surprise, surprise, as I pretty much love everything they make). Just a bit concerned by your pricey comment, in that they are I'm afraid :(

I have an old rolling ATA case with a telesoping handle that originally held a PC monitor screen. Re-did the interior foam so it holds the MFC, Mission SP-2, cables, spare parts (extra CAT5, MFC power adaptor, FASLINK adaptor, my older 5-7 pin midi cable). Not the smallest case out there, but transports easily and I don't worry about it if it ends up under other cases in the trailer.

Back
Top Bottom