What do you guys assign to your 2-button external foot switch?

vika12

Experienced
I'll be receiving a 2-button external foot switch shortly. What are you guys assigning to your switch (e.g., Tuner and Scenes, etc.)?

I'm not using one. The 9 FC type switches on the FM9 are more than enough to handle everything I need.

With my Axe-FX III / FC-6 rig I use two of the dual button external switches. I have them setup for the following:

1. Tap = view +1 with wrap engaged
1. Hold = none
2. Tap = tempo
2. Hold = tuner
3. Tap = layout toggle between 7 (scenes) / 8 (effects)
3. Hold = master layout menu
4. Tap = presets layout
4. Hold = preset select for my main live use preset

I most often use the tap tempo, view +1, and layout toggle.

I'll be receiving a 2-button external foot switch shortly. What are you guys assigning to your switch (e.g., Tuner and Scenes, etc.)?
Just FYI, you know the FM9 pedal jacks only support a single switch each, right? Most of the pre-made 2 button switches use a TRS jack so you'll need an insert cable or some other "splitter" to connect them.

I have 3 separate TS switches directly mounted thru my Temple Audio board:

1 switches Multiplexer between dry signal, Ring Modulator and Envelope Filter
1 is a Control Switch for activating an envelope Phaser
1 is currently unassigned

Just FYI, you know the FM9 pedal jacks only support a single switch each, right? Most of the pre-made 2 button switches use a TRS jack so you'll need an insert cable or some other "splitter" to connect them.

I have 3 separate TS switches directly mounted thru my Temple Audio board:

1 switches Multiplexer between dry signal, Ring Modulator and Envelope Filter
1 is a Control Switch for activating an envelope Phaser
1 is currently unassigned
I have an FM3. The switch I've ordered has one TRS jack. I should be able to assign TS to one button and RS to the other.

Mine pages through a set numbered range of presets. Example; 430-434, then loops back to 430.

Only one side of my 2 button switch works since FM9 does not work with TRS. On my FM3 where TRS works, I had it Page up and Page down through presets - using both buttons.

Tap Tempo. Yes I know it’s a standard button on the FM9 and FC12. However the Axe FX III doesn't send the midi clock messages which I need to drive our lighting rig. So I set the tempo on both Axe FX and lighting computer from an external non-latching switch.

Hey thanks for your comments guys -- I just noticed that I entered this thread on FM9 rather than FM3 Discussion -- that explains the FM9 related comments. Sorry about that! Guess it's yet another Prevagen moment. o_O

Used it in the past for Amp Boost on/off and Tuner on/off but non anymore, I found out I don't need it, the FM9 buttons are enough.
I just use an expression pedal, that's it.

I have my 4E expression pedal assigned to 1-2! For 3 I was contemplating on triggering a golden pole that would come up out of the stage floor... for those ladies that might feel so inclined! :tonguewink:

Left Button: Tap to go to Effects view. Hold to go back to Scenes view
Right Button: Tap Temp. Hold goes to Looper.

Hey thanks for your comments guys -- I just noticed that I entered this thread on FM9 rather than FM3 Discussion -- that explains the FM9 related comments. Sorry about that! Guess it's yet another Prevagen moment. o_O

Admins should move this to FM3 Discussion @Admin M@ please :)

As for your question. I'm still experimenting with this. I wish my Mosky switch had an off/on light. For now I don't use it at all, but I think I might use it for tap tempo, tuner, or to page Layout Views if I have an effects heavy preset.

I want to keep my tap dancing on stage to a minimum, so I try to use the 3 dedicated FM3 buttons for things that I need immediately, and other things like tempo/tuner on other Layout Views, or the external switch altogether that I will only use when I'm between songs, or have time to mess around with hitting buttons.

I just learned I can set one of the switches to my lead scene, then press it again to go back to the scene I was previously on. But, I'm sure you all already knew it could do that. lol. I have one set to Lead as mentioned above and one to a swells scene (since I play at church)

Boss FS-7

Top Switch Tap: Drive On/Off
Top Switch Hold: 2db Volume Boost on/off

Bottom Switch Tap: Tap Tempo
Bottom Switch Hold: Tuner

Admins should move this to FM3 Discussion @Admin M@ please :)

As for your question. I'm still experimenting with this. I wish my Mosky switch had an off/on light. For now I don't use it at all, but I think I might use it for tap tempo, tuner, or to page Layout Views if I have an effects heavy preset.

I want to keep my tap dancing on stage to a minimum, so I try to use the 3 dedicated FM3 buttons for things that I need immediately, and other things like tempo/tuner on other Layout Views, or the external switch altogether that I will only use when I'm between songs, or have time to mess around with hitting buttons.
How would lights help? They won't be tied to the status of whatever they are controlling... Also, momentary switches would only turn the light on when they are pressed (assuming a normally open switch).

How would lights help? They won't be tied to the status of whatever they are controlling... Also, momentary switches would only turn the light on when they are pressed (assuming a normally open switch).
In addition, when you step on the switch, the FM3 screen flashes at the bottom (for example: "Chorus 1 Enabled" or "Filter 2 Disabled", etc.

Back
Top Bottom