What do I need to buy ?

danielworks

Inspired
Hi friends,
I want to buy an FC12, 2 expression pedals and a 2 button footswich.

What should I buy ? The most common combination that I see is a Mission Engineering SP-1 with Fractal EV1 and sometimes the 2 button footswich TT-2.

Is it ok to buy a footswich on AliExpress and similar sites ? Or is it worth buying the M.E Footswitch ?

Also which cable I need to connect the external footswitch to FC12? A regular mono cable ?

The SP-1 will allow you to use a single expression pedal for both volume control and as a wah. As strictly a volume pedal, the Mission pedals don't have as long a sweep as the Fractal EV or others, which I personally didn't care for. I used an Ernie Ball VP JR 25 ohm for a few years as an expression pedal but grew anxious waiting for the string to break. I'm a cheapskate so I did some research and ended up buying a used Dunlop DVP3 Volume (X) and really like it.

As far as external switches, Mosky makes a dual switch pedal that's pretty popular. Others make their own, they're pretty basic but whatever you use needs to have momentary switches for ease of use with Fractal devices.

The dual switch pedal you're referencing will require a TRS cable to use both switches. A regular instrument (TS) cable will only allow use of one of the two switches, the TS cable will work fine with a single button external switch.

Back
Top Bottom