What do I gas for now?

GS_FlowChart_TooManyGuitars.jpg

That is an awesome Flowchart Toopy! :D I just about shot coffee out of my nose while reading it! :p:eek: I'm not sure whether I should show that to the wife or not !?!? The finer points of the "gear buying decision process are totally lost on her... :rolleyes:

Guitars as well. My Axe-FX has been so good at killing my amp GAS that I didn't even care when I saw an ENGL, Bogner, and Diezel in a guitar shop recently. May as well have been Crates to me! :p

I still buy the occasional tube amp... I enjoy the sound as much as I ever did. They stay at home though!

Meanwhile, yes; guitars. There are always more guitars to have. Just bought this one to enjoy (oddly, with 15 electrics I did not own a Les Paul). Should arrive next week:

LP Front 1.jpg

The quest, redirected, continues! And there's always mics, recording stuff, and other musical gear to fill the times when nothing stringed is catching your fancy. :)

That is an awesome Flowchart Toopy! :D I just about shot coffee out of my nose while reading it! :p:eek: I'm not sure whether I should show that to the wife or not !?!? The finer points of the "gear buying decision process are totally lost on her... :rolleyes:

You are preaching to the choir my friend,..you are preaching to the choir!!! :(

Wife: "Why the hell do you need so many damn guitars? You don't play in a band!!"

upload_2017-3-23_15-49-26.png
33418.jpg

My Suhr Modern is my #1 now. By far the best playing guitar I've ever owned. At first I thought it was too bright but then I realized the trick with them is to use the tone control rather than just turning it all the way up like you normally would. It's also mellowed a bit with age.

at the risk of redundancy, my 2 faves are also Suhr at this moment , a brand new Classic Pro in a lovely Pepto-Bismol hue, and my trusty Guthrie Govan Suhr Rasmus , basically a cheaper but superior Satin Modern....

My Suhr Modern is my #1 now. By far the best playing guitar I've ever owned. At first I thought it was too bright but then I realized the trick with them is to use the tone control rather than just turning it all the way up like you normally would. It's also mellowed a bit with age.

So many people sing the praises of Suhr but I've never bonded with any of the Suhrs I've owned. I know it's such a personal thing as to what makes one person love a guitar & another not. I still have 3 out of the six I have bought over the years but I might only keep one of them because it has such a unique quilted maple top. I love the Andersons & have 4 now & would love to add more. I would also highly recommend Tuttle guitars if you want a more vintage take on a Fender style guitar. Exceptional build quality, playability, tone & responsiveness.

I never stop buying guitars, amps or cabs, even when Fractal absolutely nails every single tone i could ever want.

I found this gem for $345, a PRS SE245 made in Korea, its the best overseas guitar i have had so far and for that kind of money its an absolute steal, flawless and perfect setup, didn't need to do much but rise the action 1.2mm.

33571702955_523d510aab_h.jpg
That's gorgeous, mate.

Man you guys are making me want single cut PRS' and Suhr Moderns, badly!!!

Had my Suhr for going on 6 years now and still on honeymoon. Love it!

A friend from our capitol has this gem and he is selling it, i tried it about a year ago and loved it, the top is sick and the neck is perfect shape, but the only issue i have is that the frets are not SS but what they used back in 2008 called Heavy, but this guitar totally smokes a friends Modern Satin.

I sure love the feel of bends over SS, but still this guitar plays amazing.... is that only issue holding me back for a purchase, asking price $1,650. He got it from Matts music for a lot more. Its a Standard Pro S6.

33426237431_6136b2ec66_b.jpg

A friend from our capitol has this gem and he is selling it, i tried it about a year ago and loved it, the top is sick and the neck is perfect shape, but the only issue i have is that the frets are not SS but what they used back in 2008 called Heavy, but this guitar totally smokes a friends Modern Satin.

I sure love the feel of bends over SS, but still this guitar plays amazing.... is that only issue holding me back for a purchase, asking price $1,650. He got it from Matts music for a lot more. Its a Standard Pro S6.

33426237431_6136b2ec66_b.jpg
Looks gorgeous! They need a better photographer though as the umbrella makes it look like theres a crack in the finish! :)

I am more into studio stuff like better monitors or a DAW controller. And of course an AxeFX II XL+...and this little exp. pedal that is not available yet.
I´m covered with guitars, I have a nice strat, a nice LP, a very nice custom built super strat that slays both of them...what I don´t have is a nice semi-acoustic if we´re talking guitars...no idea what could fill that gap...I am into everything from Chuck Berry to Hendrix, SRV, ZZ Top, Van Halen, Steve Morse, Doug Aldrich...any ideas?

I am more into studio stuff like better monitors or a DAW controller. And of course an AxeFX II XL+...and this little exp. pedal that is not available yet.
I´m covered with guitars, I have a nice strat, a nice LP, a very nice custom built super strat that slays both of them...what I don´t have is a nice semi-acoustic if we´re talking guitars...no idea what could fill that gap...I am into everything from Chuck Berry to Hendrix, SRV, ZZ Top, Van Halen, Steve Morse, Doug Aldrich...any ideas?
What's the expression pedal? I'm intrigued!

I had a Yamaha A Series guitar and that was beautiful, but I'm saving up for a nice Avalon or Taylor now.

What's the expression pedal? I'm intrigued!

I had a Yamaha A Series guitar and that was beautiful, but I'm saving up for a nice Avalon or Taylor now.

I was referring to the smaller size exp. pedal that was announced by FAS months ago.
I only found a Yamaha SA2200 and AS1500. Is that the one you had?

I was referring to the smaller size exp. pedal that was announced by FAS months ago.
I only found a Yamaha SA2200 and AS1500. Is that the one you had?
Ah cool, I'll check it out!

I had a Yamaha AC3R. Was lovely! My ethos at the time was that I couldn't afford a high end Taylor, so I preferred a high end Yamaha than a low end Martin/Taylor.

Back
Top Bottom