What db boost do you have for solos?

Tremonti

Fractal Fanatic
3db, 5db? Curious what you all think lifts it above the rest without being too upfront but definitely louder and can be heard well? Thanks!

Last edited:
Either 3db or 4db. 3db is usually for a small lick between vocal lines, that sort of thing. 4db if it's a full on solo. We're a 3 piece band that mixes ourselves from stage.

I usually kick in a drive, boost, etc so it's not as straightforward as just upping the volume by some db amount. But probably 2 - 4 depending on the song, what patch I'm using, etc.

I don’t push the volume, I just add more mids. Normally I do that by just selecting the MID ir in the ownhammer pack.

Around 4 if it's a simple post amp clean boost. If there is some EQ applied (mid boost, Low and high cuts, etc..?), then a little less, depending on the EQ and the preset.

used to use 3-4 playing in a 4 piece, had to bump it to like 6 for church at stuff due to the mixes being much dense/bands being so much larger

3db for overdriven sounds has worked for many years and still happy with it , so is the soundguy......for cleans I also add a little drive : Fet Boost with gain 5 and level 6.5...to level it with my gain sounds....

2 to 4 depending on the sound guy and other band members that particular day.

Sometimes 4 is barely enough due to the band getting louder also. My solos seem to come at the peak of the song, so everyone is full-on.

Back
Top Bottom