What can't Axe Edit do?

Heir-Apparent

Hi guys, considering buying an Axe-3, just doing as much research as I can, understand as much as I can before it arrives and I can hit the ground running.

So with Axe Edit, is it capable of doing everything that can be done on the panel?

I basically don't want to touch the Axe-3 itself, I am hoping everything + more can be done in Axe Edit.

So, as the titles asks, what can't Axe Edit do?

Thanks.

Majority of the day to day (if not all) can be done with Edit. Some of the Setup menu and initial setup things you’ll need to use the front panel. From time to time you’ll need to access the front panel as well for certain troubleshooting or reset commands.

So you can’t do every single thing from Edit.

Thanks, I'm hunting around for an in depth tutorial for Axe Edit too if anyone has one they've bookmarked that they go back to for reference?

Thanks, I'm hunting around for an in depth tutorial for Axe Edit too if anyone has one they've bookmarked that they go back to for reference?
there's not much to teach for Axe-Edit itself. it performs the functions of the hardware, so learning how the hardware works will translate to Edit pretty much 1-to-1. aside from things like right click on the Layout to get a menu (which is standard for most programs) and learning where things are by clicking and looking, there aren't too many Edit-only functions.

generally people learn how the Axe-Fx works, not specifically Axe-Edit.

I do 99% of editing in Axe Edit, it's been very intuitive and easy to navigate. I'd suggest watching Leon Todd and Rosh Roslin's tutorial videos on YouTube if you need to see Axe Edit in action for tweaking blocks or creating presets.

I do 99% of editing in Axe Edit, it's been very intuitive and easy to navigate. I'd suggest watching Leon Todd and Rosh Roslin's tutorial videos on YouTube if you need to see Axe Edit in action for tweaking blocks or creating presets.
This. But would like to recommend Cooper Carters Master Class too. It’s not for free but worth every penny. And updated (free of extra cost) regularly following AF3 fw development.

Hi guys, considering buying an Axe-3, just doing as much research as I can, understand as much as I can before it arrives and I can hit the ground running.

So with Axe Edit, is it capable of doing everything that can be done on the panel?

I basically don't want to touch the Axe-3 itself, I am hoping everything + more can be done in Axe Edit.

So, as the titles asks, what can't Axe Edit do?

Thanks.

If you plan to use the unit in a live scenario or somewhere where you won't be able to use axe-edit easily, you'll be glad you learned the front panel method. If it's staying at home permanently connected to your workstation, have no fear.

I know the panels well on my ax8\FM3\FM9, but I am a stay in home studio type of guy for the most part.
So, Same as all Axe edits and a major wish for many, many years, by me anyway. I do not want to bend down to adjust or go to whatever in the the settings. The software app (win\Mac) should be able to handle "everything"/ Someday , I hope.
But I will live , of curse. Just wishing!

If you plan to use the unit in a live scenario or somewhere where you won't be able to use axe-edit easily, you'll be glad you learned the front panel method. If it's staying at home permanently connected to your workstation, have no fear.
I find it's useful to have some familiarity with the front-panel. Sometimes, though I'm in the same room as the computer running *Edit, it's just easier to bend over and twiddle the knob and save the change.

Back
Top Bottom