1. We would like to remind our members that this is a privately owned, run and supported forum. You are here at the invitation and discretion of the owners. As such, rules and standards of conduct will be applied that help keep this forum functioning as the owners desire. These include, but are not limited to, removing content and even access to the forum.

Please give yourself a refresher on the forum rules you agreed to follow when you signed up.
    Dismiss Notice

What can I use to convert wav to sysex IR's for Ultra?

Discussion in 'Ultra/Std Discussion' started by playingitloud, Mar 13, 2019.

1. #1 playingitloud, Mar 13, 2019
    Last edited: Mar 14, 2019
    playingitloud

playingitloud
    Expand Collapse
    Inspired

I want to purchase some of the OH cab packs but the Ultra requires sysex IR's, so I am trying to find a program that will convert from wav to sysex, and each program I tried had issues with the OH free samples.

Any recommendations? I don't want to purchase anything until I know for sure I can convert them for the Ultra.

I tried the Cab Lab 1 and this did not convert them correctly (it's possible the original had a higher resolution than allowed).

I tried the Cab Lab 3 Lite and it would say that it doesn't allow the conversion and I need to purchase the full version (but it says the lite version will convert them).

I tried going to the old AxeFX Archive for the axe-o-matic but my computer doesn't want to allow a download of any of those files (it blocks the downloads and gives me a warning message).

I will be using the Ultra without cabs for live playing but I was hoping to place some OH IR's inside it for recording.

2. playingitloud

playingitloud
    Expand Collapse
    Inspired

I'm surprised that I haven't received an answer to this question.

Does every Ultra person just use sysex IR's without converting from wav to sysex?

3. #3 JOHNNYROCKIT, Mar 23, 2019
    Last edited: Mar 23, 2019
    JOHNNYROCKIT

JOHNNYROCKIT
    Expand Collapse
    Veteran

this might help... Axe-O-Matic I originally got an earlier Mac OS X version off of the OH website. I tried to attach it here but the file is too big and it won't go.
    I've attached a user manual of sorts for your perusal.

perhaps this (Axe-O-Matic version) found here will fill the need: http://archive.axefx.fr/Tools/old/ [earlier (?) version 107]

Or try this one (also located at the (tools/old) link above)
    [​IMG] Axe-FxIRConverter-installer-2.0.jar

This link download contains both Mac and Windows Axe-O-Matic version files:
    Here:
    https://www.dropbox.com/s/f96kzbl5o4hc1ry/axe-o-matic.zip?dl=0

Attached Files:

playingitloud and AlGrenadine like this.
  4. playingitloud

playingitloud
    Expand Collapse
    Inspired

@JOHNNYROCKIT, I tried to download the "jar" file, and just like whenever I try to download something from the archived site, I always received a message that my computer was blocking the download (something about it not being safe for me), BUT the dropbox link you provided worked for me :)

I have already used the AXE-O-Matic and it worked fine and pretty quickly so now I see all green icons in Axe Edit where before I was getting red icons with slashes in them.

A HUGE thank you :)

JOHNNYROCKIT likes this.