What can I expect from 8.01 ?

Hi Thomas!
I believe it sounds a bit more open and a tad brighter. Amp feel is a bit more organic & nicely "crude". I took the jump, do simple amp resets (changing to a different amp model, then back), and in no time I'm back in tonal heaven.
I'd take the plunge. Just back up those banks before. In case u don't like the sounds,then roll back.
An honor to be writing to you Thomas. Amazing musician and a cool cat too. Still on Strats and Mesas mostly? Take care!

I usually play on the previous firmware for about an hour, then update, and then the changes stick out more or less.

You can check the release notes to see what has changed, but I suggest you back up your old firmware and then take the plunge. This way you do have a go-back button if you ears don;t like the changes.

My first impression was - less High End - Cliff wrote me, that 8.01 has got the most High end ever.......After 3 Gigs I´m convinced, sounds very naturally.

As much or little difference as you want to hear honestly

I forgot I didn't load it one night, thinking I did, and magically thought I heard a difference LOL

This isn't to say the updates don't have changes, or that they aren't appreciated, but simply that our own bias often accounts for more of a difference than what really was in the firmware.

Are amp resets required for 8.01 to sound as intended? If so, I'll wait for another firmware release or two. Too many parameters to set back to custom values.

Back
Top Bottom