What cabs are people using for Dumble style amps

bjjp2

Power User
For some reason I can get nice D-style sounds through my real power amp and cab, but using cab sims through FRFR it sounds like crap. Any *specific* recommendations? (I've tried a variety of EV and G65 IRs but maybe I'm missing something). Having no similar problems with Marshall-style amps.

Have you tried the 'Rumble' Factory cabs 105 & 106? I know you said you tried a bunch of EV cabs, but I really like these with the Dumble amps. From the wiki:

105 — 4x12 Rumble EV12L Mix — Based on EVM 12L speakers in a 4x12 12L/12S "Thiele" Dumble cabinet.
106 — 4x12 Rumble EV12S Mix — Based on EVM 12S speakers in a 4x12 12L/12S "Thiele" Dumble cabinet.

I made a mix based off OwnHammer's G12-65 and a Fane, and paired it with the new Beatle cab that Fractal gave us. That's a pretty good mix.

But yeah, I really wish I could find an IR that does a better job of capturing the G12-65's unique voice. Nothing's really doing it perfectly for me yet.

I suspect it depends on what kind of tone you're after. There are a number of basic D-style tones. The Ford tone relies a good deal on that G12-65 gnarl. I think some other artists like Larry Carlton used EVM's.

I know everything is subjective and you've said you've tried EVs, but it's almost impossible NOT to get a great sound using Factory #8.

Back
Top Bottom