What cable for 4CM?

blueswede

I'd like to start using the 4CM with my FX8 and my Blues Cube, using the loop. I'm looking for a single cable with 4 individual cables inside to keep it tidy....any recommendations on where to get this? Thanks...

I'd like to start using the 4CM with my FX8 and my Blues Cube, using the loop. I'm looking for a single cable with 4 individual cables inside to keep it tidy....any recommendations on where to get this? Thanks...
Folks here recommend Redco tgs-04 i tried and its great.

I use a simple yet effective cable organizer which has the advantage of allowing me to switch cables if they get damaged without having to re-order a while new snake from xxxxx supplier

So just so I am clear.....since I would be running a separate cable from my guitar to the FX8, what I really need is a 3 cable snake for the other cables going to and from the loop and then back to the amp, correct?
It seems like there would be an extra cable if I was to buy a standard 4 cable snake.....

So just so I am clear.....since I would be running a separate cable from my guitar to the FX8, what I really need is a 3 cable snake for the other cables going to and from the loop and then back to the amp, correct?
It seems like there would be an extra cable if I was to buy a standard 4 cable snake.....
Unless you are running stereo in which case you will need one more.

Correct. Don't forget other considerations like MIDI or relays and such if you need those.

Folks here recommend Redco tgs-04 i tried and its great.
Yeah I've been using Redco for several years and have had great service. The 4-cable snake is great re: if you have a failure, as you'll have an extra cable. This actually came in handy last week...I sheered off one of them and had no problem...have since fixed the other one, but that could have been a pain. Having it in that snake format, an extra cable really doesn't cost any significant space.

I've also had a couple of their snakes built with the 4th cable as something other than 1/4" (a mini TRS for hardwire backup for my IEM, for example).

I had Redco build my cable as well. I'm using the Redco brand snake cable with neutrik connectors. Running 4CM method. I added a MIDI cable for channel switching with my FX and had them put both cables in Tecflex to make one snake. Works great no issues. Tecflex gives the cable a little extra protection. You could use Tecflex with any number of cables to make one snake.

I just ordered one up too with a few changes. How long do these usually take to have made?

Last edited:
you need this accessory

Maytech Music

Attachments

• 18689A68-BAF6-499C-9834-0A3231339708.jpeg
    18689A68-BAF6-499C-9834-0A3231339708.jpeg
    51 KB · Views: 31
  • 2F776097-C223-4750-B96E-FAC634A01BF2.png
    2F776097-C223-4750-B96E-FAC634A01BF2.png
    247 KB · Views: 28
Back
Top Bottom