What Brand of strings do YOU like best ? ( include guitar type )

For most of my guitar-playing life I played D'Addario XLs (first 9's, then 10's). About five years ago I switched to Elixir Nanos, as I have enough guitars that some sit unused for months, and my sweat is acidic enough to cause other strings to blacken and become brittle even when sitting in the case (and I always wipe my strings down after playing).

Been using Ernie Ball Slinkys forever, infact since I started playing.
I mainly use 10's, but a few years back I started using 11's on some of the Gibsons, and 10's heavy bottom set for some strats
Guitars have for years been mostly Strats, Teles, ES-330, ES-335's, ES-345, LP's, LP jr, SG jr and Melody Maker.
I've tried many of the other usual suspects like D'addario, GHS's and many other along the way but always greatly preferred EB Slinkys.

Until I recently got a guitar that had D'addario NYXL strings on it - great sounding strings that lasts !
So I'm changing to the NYXL on a few of my main guitars and giving them a shot.
Time will tell but so far I really like them and I actually think I prefer them to the EBs.

I used dr tite fits for years until the Ernie ball m-steels came out. The only thing with steel strings is they are hard on nickel frets. They sound great and last a long time. I tried some normal strings recently and my presets sounded off. Put the m-steels back on and all was well. Guess I will just stick with them.

Wow! Unless I missed something I must be the stranger on the block here! LOL! I don't think I saw anyone mention the strings I use.

I've been using SIT (Stay in Tune) strings for 10+ years. 10-46's on my PRS's and 10-58's on my Universe model 7 string. They really do stay in tune!

-Ro

Been using Elixir Nanoweb 10-46 for a long time--both electric and acoustic.

@soheil - Just tried some Ernie Ball Paradigm 10-46 on my Edwards Les Paul. Though not as smooth as the Elixir Nanowebs the strings do feel/play good. Seem a little louder and more pronounced. It will probably take a couple days of playing to really know the difference.

But so far, so good.

If you got a pack of rusty/bad strings- 99% of the time it's not the manufacture- it's the retailer/store/who/where you bought it from

D'Addario for years never have an issue! I have tried a lot of other strings over the years some good some not but D'Addario has been the most consistent out of the bag. One other brand I tried and liked was SIT strings.

I'm still sticking with DR Tite-Fit. They sound full and they feel right. 11's for practice, hybrid 9's to play out.

DR had a period a few years back when they had quality issues. They've licked those issues, and I'm back to using them.

D'addario has always been a workhorse brand for me. They're what I used to use years ago, before I found DRs. They're good strings, they're consistent, and they're inexpensive.

Back
Top Bottom