What are your go to 4x12 IRs?

I purchased the Austin Buddy live pack. It uses all stock IR’s. I’m new to modeling, so my question is...how much difference will I notice if I were to purchase 3rd party IRS from York or OH compared to the stock? Does it drastically alter the tone?

No. It doesn't.

3rd party IRs offer some extended nuances, and a waste of time into the rabbit hole. But the stock IRs are high quality and cover all areas. As a matter of fact, many of them are the most representative samples from OH, York, Redwirez, Austin Buddy, Celestion, etc.

https://wiki.fractalaudio.com/wiki/index.php?title=Cabinet_models_list

Last edited:
Sometimes I have spent several hours browsing 3rd party IRs, and after finnally found the one that I like, I noticed that it is already available as a Factory IR 😅

Last edited:
Does it drastically alter the tone?
I don't think so...I think it's more a question of degrees of change. More subtle than "drastic".
For instance...I was happy with one of the York Mesa Recto 4 x12 cabs in the FM-3, but I like the York EVH 4 x 12 that I just purchased just a little bit better.
Not sure anyone will notice but me as far as the difference goes. But that little bit of difference in what I hear and feel can make a big difference in how I play.

Dude, not bad! I downloaded it expecting "meh" but this reminds me more of what I'd hear coming through the monitor + PA when my V30 cabs were miked. On a good night and in a good way.

I've currently got your favorite IR with your cuts panned hard left with 57_1_inch_cap_pres_4 (brighter) panned hard right. Gonna play with this some today.

Yeah, these are great. Sounds like the cab it's shot from. Love them.

I mainly use Yorkaudio Mesa OS and Traditionnal Pack. Their Matchless pack is also awesome for cleans. I used to be a fan of the Ownhammer Ir's but I haven't been attracted to it lately.

Also, the Bogren digital are insanely good for heavy rythm sound. Mix ready and clear sounding.

I mainly use Yorkaudio Mesa OS and Traditionnal Pack. Their Matchless pack is also awesome for cleans. I used to be a fan of the Ownhammer Ir's but I haven't been attracted to it lately.

Also, the Bogren digital are insanely good for heavy rythm sound. Mix ready and clear sounding.
+1 for Bogren

Back
Top Bottom