what are your favorite IRs?

After initially being disappointed with Ownhammer's latest Greenback mega pack, I strayed from the normal "quick start" selections and found some nice shots. Avoiding the typical 57/121 sound, I started mixing the m160 & sm58 with really good results. Also, mixing this Greenback cab with Justin York's v30 cab in CabLab yields a great high gain mix for Friedman/Cameron tones.

After initially being disappointed with Ownhammer's latest Greenback mega pack, I strayed from the normal "quick start" selections and found some nice shots. Avoiding the typical 57/121 sound, I started mixing the m160 & sm58 with really good results. Also, mixing this Greenback cab with Justin York's v30 cab in CabLab yields a great high gain mix for Friedman/Cameron tones.
The M160 is pretty much my go to Mic. I much prefer it over the 57 & the 121 I always want to like but in the end there often is low end issues with those IR’s.

The ownhammer 1x12 deluxe. C12r mixes. For a couple of years already.
Two favorite are OH 112 DLX C12R SP2-07 and OH 112 DLX C12R OH1-10.
Very clear & open.

Last edited:
I went through all the 4x12's in the Axe FXIII last night and liked the Rumble cabs the best. Factory 1 presets # 907, 919, 922. I liked the Uber #981, #982. I also like Brit PR 75 #574, and #576. I also like a cab I made with the original Cablab from three different Ownhammer cabs. It's been so long ago that I made it that I don't remember which three cabs I used or how I mixed them though.

3Sigma ACEZilla 3a from the Fat boy V30 pack
Ownhammer Marshall V30+EVH OH1 05 from the Heavy Hitters V1 pack might just be the new thing. it's a doozy

Back
Top Bottom