what are your favorite IRs?

NightWalker

Power User
after reading some threads i get the idea to open this thread,so name your favorite IR`s
mine are....
LRS M2 ATyp SM7b 02 from Live Ready Sound
LRS MV30 7b A5 from Live Ready Sound
ML PR75 SM57-SM57 01 from ML Soundlab cabpack 20
Factory preset # 103
OH412 MAR PR-H55 57 IR from 412 MAR Green Vintage Player Pack

*DBS_FLTHY_1X12_WF_M160_Cap_MicDI
*DBS_FLTHY_1X12_WF_M160_Cone_MicDI
*Have to use those together, or combine in CabLab (from Dr. Bonkers Dirty Shirley)

OH 412 RECTO C90 OH2-04 (Ownhammer Recto Cab with C90 Black Shadows)

1x12 Carol-Ann 4047 E (Obot Pack)

ML Zilla Green M M160 1
ML Zilla V30 Mix

ML Angle SM57-R121 01 (ENGL)

4x12 G12 65W MIX (?)

after reading some threads i get the idea to open this thread,so name your favorite IR`s
mine are....
LRS M2 ATyp SM7b 02 from Live Ready Sound
LRS MV30 7b A5 from Live Ready Sound
ML PR75 SM57-SM57 01 from ML Soundlab cabpack 20
Factory preset # 103
OH412 MAR PR-H55 57 IR from 412 MAR Green Vintage Player Pack

I've just recently delved into the world of IR's by purchasing an Ownhammer pack. It's a Mesa 2x12 cab shot with V30s, Greenbacks, Creambacks, EVH's and a few other Celestions.

You mentioned Factor #103 which is the TV Mix. This is my go-to I've been using. What exactly does TV Mix mean? Is it Tall V (slant) with a mix of 57 and other mic? (total guess).

Anyway so far I've been auditioning mixes from the Ownhammer and none have topped the #103 yet. This is with headphones so that may change once the house is free and I can crank.

I've just recently delved into the world of IR's by purchasing an Ownhammer pack. It's a Mesa 2x12 cab shot with V30s, Greenbacks, Creambacks, EVH's and a few other Celestions.

You mentioned Factor #103 which is the TV Mix. This is my go-to I've been using. What exactly does TV Mix mean? Is it Tall V (slant) with a mix of 57 and other mic? (total guess).

Anyway so far I've been auditioning mixes from the Ownhammer and none have topped the #103 yet. This is with headphones so that may change once the house is free and I can crank.
yeah the factory cab # 103 its just great.

Have bought them all and love none of them. Last time I checked I was well over 20,000 IR's and have spent days just hitting distorted A chords while flicking thru them. Just bought a bunch of Redwirez IR's and thought I loved them, then didn't. Bought the latest Ownhammer GNR pack that everyone loves but I didn't. Have the Bulb Zilla pack...no-go for me. Used Cabir.eu's for a while which overall were my favorite I guess but not really what I want. The Celestions were useless for me. The stock cabs are way too limiting only getting one shot of a particular speaker/cab/mic combo and all too shrill, boomy or muddy for my tastes. Either I'm the pickiest guitarist on Earth or there's something wrong in my signal chain/setup. Feels totally hopeless.

But to the OP's question, I think the Justin York IR's are probably the best I've tried. In the box...probably 36, 38, 102, 103, 158 & 159 if you're into the Greenback thing.

Time to go back to playing sax I guess.

Last edited:
ML Brit TV SM57-R121 B01.ir from the ML Brit collection. I’ve been using this ever since it’s first appearance in Cab Pack 8, which then became part of Cab pack 20, and I forget exactly what it’s called now. Every time a new collection from anyone comes out, I always look for a replacement option, but I can’t get away from this one. Love it. The stock TVs are just as good. In fact, I think one, if not two of them are from the same collection. I play a Telecaster, FWIW

Have bought them all and love none of them. Last time I checked I was well over 20,000 IR's and have spent days just hitting distorted A chords while flicking thru them. Just bought a bunch of Redwirez IR's and thought I loved them, then didn't. Bought the latest Ownhammer GNR pack that everyone loves but I didn't. Have the Bulb Zilla pack...no-go for me. Used Cabir.eu's for a while which overall were my favorite I guess but not really what I want. The Celestions were useless for me. The stock cabs are way too limiting only getting one shot of a particular speaker/cab/mic combo and all too shrill, boomy or muddy for my tastes. Either I'm the pickiest guitarist on Earth or there's something wrong in my signal chain/setup. Feels totally hopeless.

But to the OP's question, I think the Justin York IR's are probably the best I've tried. In the box...probably 36, 38, 102, 103, 158 & 159 if you're into the Greenback thing.

Time to go back to playing sax I guess.
Sometimes I feel the same - and yes - I also don´t like the GNR Pack IR ´s.......money for nothing.......One IR i always come back is the CabIR.EU Orange G12H30 - Single Mic SM 57 A 1 Speaker A (I think so....) - no mix, no cablab, only a perfect shot and perfect sweet spot for the Marshall, Spawn, Friedmann thing.

ML Brit TV SM57-R121 B01.ir from the ML Brit collection. I’ve been using this ever since it’s first appearance in Cab Pack 8, which then became part of Cab pack 20, and I forget exactly what it’s called now.

I've got a favor to ask, Fro, if it isn't too much of a hassle.
I've crawled out of the IR rabbit-hole a while back, and settled on Factory Cab #58 and #59 as my "close-enough without climbing back down" favorites, for virtually all my tones. Sometimes, I mix the 2, heavily favoring #58, but lately (and exclusively in my AX8) I use only #58.
Is this the one you're also using? If not, could you tell me if that Factory #58 is contained in Pack #8, or Pack #20?

I've got a favor to ask, Fro, if it isn't too much of a hassle.
I've crawled out of the IR rabbit-hole a while back, and settled on Factory Cab #58 and #59 as my "close-enough without climbing back down" favorites, for virtually all my tones. Sometimes, I mix the 2, heavily favoring #58, but lately (and exclusively in my AX8) I use only #58.
Is this the one you're also using? If not, could you tell me if that Factory #58 is contained in Pack #8, or Pack #20?

#58 and #59 were the factory cabs I was thinking of that were from Cab Pack 8. I just double checked in the Wiki:

058 — 4x12 TV MIX C1 (ML) — IR mix, based on a 4x2 Marshall TV with G12M25 greenbacks, UltraRes (Cab Pack 8).
059 — 4x12 TV MIX C4 (ML) — IR mix, based on a 4x2 Marshall TV with G12M25 greenbacks, UltraRes (Cab Pack 8).

I only hear minor differences between those and the one I'm using. If i didn't have the cab pack, I would use 58 and 59. As you said, close enough. I see they are labeled as Mixes in the factory cabs, so I don't know exactly which ones they would be in the actual cab p[acks. But in theory, they would be in Cap Pack 8, 20, and the ML Britt pack, as I think it's called now. I'm sure @MLSoundLab could confirm that.

Thanks for that quick and thorough reply, Fro!

At some point, I should probably get one of the ML packs, in order to use CabLab to roll my own, and see if i can come up w/ something better. However, I've been pleasantly surprised with how much mileage I'm getting out of just using Factory #58.

FWIW, if you are a big fan of Factory Cab #58 & 59 and you have the ML Zilla pack take the “ML Zilla Green M Mix” IR out for a spin.. it’s very very similar but it’s cleaner down in the Low Mids, it’s not really lacking low, just more defined. So if you’re having an amp that’s a tad muddy in the lows & love this cab, this may be your perfect answer.
There’s also the other Green M’s with the individual mic’s which are in the neighborhood as well.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom