What are your favorite Fender models? (Free IR and Preset)

5C3 tweed Deluxe with 6SC7 metal tubes is hands down the most fun amp I've ever played. I don't know if it's because of the metal envelope creating some capacitance, I've never used a metal cover for a regular glass octal like 6SL7, but if you can find a 6SC7 that doesn't ping too much you'll have a good time.
It takes like 10 minutes to build your own but if you do I recommend some good waxed capacitors for coupling rated at B+ or just below, big fat carbon caps in the power supply and a fire extinguisher.

Where is the switch for swapping to waxed or carbon capacitors? Is it at the advanced parameters?

After so many years with the Axe FX. how could I have missed that feature? :eek:

Last edited:
I'm partial to the Brit JM45.

In all seriousness, I have a preset with 4 of my favourite Fenders that I use a lot when noodling at home or for demoing pedals - the Deluxe reverb, Vibrolux, 65 Bassman and Tweed Deluxe models hit all the spots for me. They're particularly nice with those Oxford YA IR's.

I'm pretty sure it was @yek who got me onto using the Tweed Twin with 4x12 IR's for a parallel universe Marshall thing. Really cool!

For me it's the Deluxe Verb either Normal or Vibrato channels. A lot of the big Fenders sound a little too stiff for my tastes for lack of a better word. I like to run pretty much every amp model through a big 4x12 so this can cover cleans up to some mid gain crunch.

I also really like the Band Commander for straight clean tones. It's tuned nicely to sound warm and clear without much effort.

Here's a preset I've been playing with along with an IR I just shot of a '59 Bassman 4x10. If you swap out any amps, just make sure you set the impedance curve to the 4x10 Bassguy. There are some different drives, delays, and reverbs to play with (Spring, Plate, Ambient, and Nonlinear). You'll have to tweak the amps for your guitars and style, but I think they sound pretty great with my Tele and Strat.

It's been a lot of fun diving into these amps. The Band Commander completely slipped my mind, but that thing just made its way into my top 5 Fender amps for sure.

Enjoy the preset and IR.

Attachments

• Justin's Fenders.zip
    47.5 KB · Views: 192
Has anyone tried the preset and IR yet? The IR was taken from an actual 1959 Bassman my brother is letting me borrow. I really like the character of the 10” speakers with those Fender models.

Hell yeah, gets a pass from me. There are so many fender irs that I have a tough time going through them and deciding what even sounds good most of the time, so it's nice to have a solid default option that works well with all the fender models.

Has anyone tried the preset and IR yet? The IR was taken from an actual 1959 Bassman my brother is letting me borrow. I really like the character of the 10” speakers with those Fender models.
This sounds incredible. I added a stereo delay and a plex shimmer in parallel and got very lost in ambient land with the band commander..this IR Is special. Big thanks, and lookin forward to the cab pack.

Here's a preset I've been playing with along with an IR I just shot of a '59 Bassman 4x10. If you swap out any amps, just make sure you set the impedance curve to the 4x10 Bassguy. There are some different drives, delays, and reverbs to play with (Spring, Plate, Ambient, and Nonlinear). You'll have to tweak the amps for your guitars and style, but I think they sound pretty great with my Tele and Strat.

It's been a lot of fun diving into these amps. The Band Commander completely slipped my mind, but that thing just made its way into my top 5 Fender amps for sure.

Enjoy the preset and IR.
Each of the 8 scenes sound great with the included IR 👌

I just tried it and I've been lost in that preset for a couple hours, the best part is the IR though, it's really great!

I recorded this quick sample after tweaking a bit the preset:

I just got done playing around with the IRs and then the preset. Both are very nice... I don't usually get along with most presets from others.

I think I liked the Double Verb scene the best.

Back
Top Bottom