What are your favorite Fender models? (Free IR and Preset)

York Audio

Fractal Fanatic
Vendor
I’ve always been partial to the Deluxe Reverb models, but lately felt like branching out. The 5F8 Tweed and 59 Bassguy have become a couple new favorites.

What models have you guys been liking lately?

Edit: Attached Preset and IR. If you use the IR with your own presets, make sure to set the impedance curve to 4x10 Bassguy

Attachments

• Justin's Fenders.zip
    47.5 KB · Views: 467
Last edited:
Maybe this was obvious to everyone else, but the Double Verb Normal with the Bright switch on is absolutely fantastic. I never gelled with Fender Twins in the real world (probably because turning the volume on 5 would peel paint off of a wall), but all settings at default with the mids on 10 is so tasty.

Some of the Fenders can get pretty raspy when you drive them a bit. Others can feel upper-mid forward, but the Double Verb Normal with the bright switch on has that Goldilocks quality to it.

Also, the Tone Of Kings is officially my favorite overdrive to use with Fender amps.

Super Reverb is great. Put it thru a 4x12 CB IR and turn up the gain, makes a great alternate driven sound.

Where do you usually have the TOK dialed in around? Will have to give the Fenders a go with it.
Man, I just came in from the studio, so it’s not in front of me anymore, but I THINK I had the drive up around 7.5, bass cut around 6.5-8 (you’ll find the balancing point where it cleans up and gain and the mud), and Treble between 6.5-8. I’ll give exact settings once I get in front of the Axe again.

It feels like it gives you fairly transparent overdrive without the sizzle. That one worked on all of the Fender amps I tried today.

I’ve been getting into the Super with Strats lately.

Tweed Deluxe has always been my favorite with a Tele in open-G tuning to crank out some Stones!

59 Bassguy all day over here. Had a real blackface Bassman for a long time. Might dig some of the others in the Axe too, just haven't got there yet.

5C3 tweed Deluxe with 6SC7 metal tubes is hands down the most fun amp I've ever played. I don't know if it's because of the metal envelope creating some capacitance, I've never used a metal cover for a regular glass octal like 6SL7, but if you can find a 6SC7 that doesn't ping too much you'll have a good time.
It takes like 10 minutes to build your own but if you do I recommend some good waxed capacitors for coupling rated at B+ or just below, big fat carbon caps in the power supply and a fire extinguisher.

Attachments

• 6sc7_2.jpg
    6sc7_2.jpg
    5.2 KB · Views: 7
Maybe this was obvious to everyone else, but the Double Verb Normal with the Bright switch on is absolutely fantastic. I never gelled with Fender Twins in the real world (probably because turning the volume on 5 would peel paint off of a wall), but all settings at default with the mids on 10 is so tasty.

Some of the Fenders can get pretty raspy when you drive them a bit. Others can feel upper-mid forward, but the Double Verb Normal with the bright switch on has that Goldilocks quality to it.

Also, the Tone Of Kings is officially my favorite overdrive to use with Fender amps.
Just tried it and preferred the Bright switch off and Bass 3, Mid 10, Treble 3 and Input Trim at .5 with an RCB drive in front... This was with my Suhr Modern with Thornbuckers.

But I tend to like the Bright off for my tastes.

Sounded great thru my go-to g12H30 IR pair.

Back
Top Bottom