What are your favorite Factory and Third party IRs?

NightWalker

Power User
with thousands of irs out there i think is a good idea if we can share what cab pack we love,ir name we use and with which amp we use with those irs.

one of my favorites cab pack is the Valhallir cab pack VH-MA-Pin1968 and i love those 2 irs.

VH-MA-Pin1968-r-RNR1-D2-MP and VH-MA-Pin1968-r-VR1-D2-MP in stereo with the Mesa USA

Thanks for the support!! Figuring out how to do this leagal isn’t easy..I Did contact the sales department of fractal some days ago but no answer so fare. I see there are a lot of IR’s out there. I’ve been working with the real stuff for the last 25 years running an commercial studio, and also doing a lot of session wotk. So I know what to expect form an proper recorded guitar tone, and I tell you right away!! Not a trillion sounds.. You need something that can give you something close to what you think of when hearing great recorded guitars..it’s all about microphone placement and mic preamps. Not hard at all really.. but cost a lot of money. (And some knowledge)..but no rocket science. Tomorrow I will give away my first pack for free. Until I get a response from fractal I will post cabs for free. Comming up is: 1990’s Marshall Slash 1960B cab. Suhr 2x12 open back and Suhr Badger 1x12 with V30’s.

with thousands of irs out there i think is a good idea if we can share what cab pack we love,ir name we use and with which amp we use with those irs.

one of my favorites cab pack is the Valhallir cab pack VH-MA-Pin1968 and i love those 2 irs.

VH-MA-Pin1968-r-RNR1-D2-MP and VH-MA-Pin1968-r-VR1-D2-MP in stereo with the Mesa USA
Thank you for the support. So it seems that you're into 2 things: VERY rare cabs (like the 1968 PreRola Greenback loaded 4x12 - and VERY good ribbon mikes. ;-) The RNR1 Rupert Neve Designs ribbon mic from sE Electronics is one, if not THE best ribbon mike we have ever experienced, and the sE VR1 "Voodoo" ribbon mike has already become an instant classic. Billy Gibbons for example, loves to use it for his guitar cabs.

We still have some previously unreleased, but already finished cabs, that we hope to serve before Xmas, so stay tuned!

I love the stock Citrus cabs, whether they're from RedWirez or not. When creating a new preset, I'll try other stock cabs but usually return to the Citrus cabs. If I want a Mesa OS Recto cab, I go for the old Sperimental IRs I've had for years.

The amps I use most often are the Friedman HBE V2, Euro Uber, and more recently FAS Modern III.

Back
Top Bottom