What are your favorite expression pedal effect blocks

Like what combos do you like to use with your expression pedal besides whammy, especially if you use one pedal for two effects

Personally I like to use rotary and pitch shift and I did the trick to switch/bypass one to the other which you can do with any combo I guess

But what do you guys like to use expression pedals with and for? And like for what solid? Interludes? Main sections ?

Just trying to see what to do with the expression pedal because I’ve never used effects (for the SP1 basically) in general

So I’m trying to learn some of your tricks of the trade and sounds

Feel free to upload presets if you like

Thx

Not yet on the 3 but Axe2

I have used it with the trem block
Verb , delay / flanger

To set up a Helicopter type effect
The pedal increases the rate
Depth of trem
The reverb mix
The delay diffusion and feedback
The flanger depth or Sweep

I should probably recreate it

I use three. One is volume on every preset. Another is a variable null filter set to boost from 0 to 5 dB on every preset. It's handy for adding a bit more volume on quick licks or other passages that need to stand out. The third varies by preset. On a couple of presets it's a wah. On others it's the delay or reverb mix. Or maybe delay mix and feedback together. (As the toe goes down, the mix and feedback both increase.) I've used it to adjust rotary speed. On another it's a separate volume for a synth/sequencer combination I have for playing the "Sirius" intro to Alan Parson's Eye in the Sky.

I have 4 expression pedals. Currently the same use in all presets:

Wah - auto-engaged / spring loaded
Rotary speed - auto-engaged
Delay Mix+Feedback
My version of Whammy, which is a pitch block that brings in a 2nd voice +2 octaves - auto-engaged / spring loaded

I have 3, currently:
1. Volume, going 0-10 on a Volume block
2. Various other stuff per preset *
3. Wah

I get lots of stuff done with switches, too. I am going to build a switch box with a knob to use as #4, along with some switches, so I can max out my FC12's capabilities.

* Some uses include simple stuff like bringing in delay or something easy, and some more complex, like @NDESMAREST's '3 sounds on one pedal' trick that sets up ranges in the pedal's throw so heel-down, toe-down, and center can have fairly diverse sounds on tap.

I have been using it on input drive on edge of breakup patches to add more or less grit as needed... probably should just use the guitar volume instead
Be aware that because of the processing required behind the scenes to calculate gain, it's recommended to not assign modifiers to Input Drive. It can cause large CPU spikes.

Recommended option is to use Input Trim instead.

At least, this was the case for the Axe Fx II.

When you say spikes? Do you mean an increase generally or like the effect of a spike?
Like Do you mean ones that are strong enough to impact recordings sessions or live gigs?
Or you mean like for the sake of saving power?

When you say spikes? Do you mean an increase generally or like the effect of a spike?
Like Do you mean ones that are strong enough to impact recordings sessions or live gigs?
Or you mean like for the sake of saving power?
I mean the CPU usage can jump considerably. Because of that, you could get all sorts of unexpected behavior. Hence why it isn't recommended.

I’m not sure man, i dont know what all of the effects i have are available, nor really what they do ...some I’ve never used in my life
So maybe a better question is what are some of the more popular effect blocks that use specifically something that is not spring loaded like the SP1 ??if you care to list some of your favorites as well???

I’m not sure man, i dont know what all of the effects i have are available, nor really what they do ...some I’ve never used in my life
So maybe a better question is what are some of the more popular effect blocks that use specifically something that is not spring loaded like the SP1 ??if you care to list some of your favorites as well???
I already did above... ;)

Like what combos do you like to use with your expression pedal besides whammy, especially if you use one pedal for two effects

Personally I like to use rotary and pitch shift and I did the trick to switch/bypass one to the other which you can do with any combo I guess

But what do you guys like to use expression pedals with and for? And like for what solid? Interludes? Main sections ?

Just trying to see what to do with the expression pedal because I’ve never used effects (for the SP1 basically) in general

So I’m trying to learn some of your tricks of the trade and sounds

Feel free to upload presets if you like

Thx
[/QUOTE

What do you mean "trick to switch/bypass one to the other which you can do with any combo I guess”? is there a way to fade between blocks?

Be aware that because of the processing required behind the scenes to calculate gain, it's recommended to not assign modifiers to Input Drive. It can cause large CPU spikes.

Recommended option is to use Input Trim instead.

At least, this was the case for the Axe Fx II.

Hmm, thanks UG. I'll try that. I saw in one of Leon's videos about one of the controls that lets you increase gain without increasing volume... ideal mode perhaps? There are so many parameters that can affect gain!

Back
Top Bottom