What are your favorite expression pedal effect blocks

I’m not sure man, i dont know what all of the effects i have are available, nor really what they do ...some I’ve never used in my life

Sounds like it's time to woodshed a bit, set up a preset that's a copy of your favorite base guitar sound (Djentlemanly, IIRC) and a good clean sound (there's a ton of 'em, which I whittled down to my favorite 8 yesterday), and try the different effects to get a bit of an idea what each one does.

:)

Be aware that because of the processing required behind the scenes to calculate gain, it's recommended to not assign modifiers to Input Drive. It can cause large CPU spikes.

Recommended option is to use Input Trim instead.

At least, this was the case for the Axe Fx II.
I use this exclusively to change my gain levels in the Ax8, is the CPU hike worse on the III than on the AX8? This is kind of a big deal for the setup I want! I use control switches not a pedal if that makes any difference.

Be aware that because of the processing required behind the scenes to calculate gain, it's recommended to not assign modifiers to Input Drive. It can cause large CPU spikes.

Recommended option is to use Input Trim instead.

At least, this was the case for the Axe Fx II.

OH. What about on the Boost Level control in the preamp section?

Saturation doesn't seem to have a pedal assignment, but input trim does exactly what I wanted - control over gain with no significant change in volume. Thanks again UG et al!

I use this exclusively to change my gain levels in the Ax8, is the CPU hike worse on the III than on the AX8? This is kind of a big deal for the setup I want! I use control switches not a pedal if that makes any difference.
The information I have came from the Axe Fx II.

It was recommended by Cliff to not do that.

OH. What about on the Boost Level control in the preamp section?
As far as I know it's only Input Drive...

Guys, I'm a new user, can I assign more then one parameter of an effects block to a pedal and have them vary at the same time? From the discusion it sounds like it, for AX8

Guys, I'm a new user, can I assign more then one parameter of an effects block to a pedal and have them vary at the same time? From the discusion it sounds like it, for AX8

As unix-guy said, yes you can. One that I do sometimes is assign both delay mix and delay feedback to the same expression pedal. As the toe goes down, the amount of delay and the number of repeats increase. By adjusting the starting and ending points of both, you can start with a subtle echo, and end with a wall of echoes. You can also assign parameters from more than one block to the same pedal. Want the reverb to increase (or decrease) while you speed up your rotary? Easy-peasy.

As unix-guy said, yes you can. One that I do sometimes is assign both delay mix and delay feedback to the same expression pedal. As the toe goes down, the amount of delay and the number of repeats increase. By adjusting the starting and ending points of both, you can start with a subtle echo, and end with a wall of echoes. You can also assign parameters from more than one block to the same pedal. Want the reverb to increase (or decrease) while you speed up your rotary? Easy-peasy.
Funny, that's the exact use case for me :)

Thanks to @NDESMAREST's controller setup method that he shared earlier this summer, I have multiple presets where one controller pedal gives 3 different sounds - one at heel-down, one at toe-down, and a third in the middle range of the pedal's travel. Multiple parameters attached to the same controller pedal, with the modifier screen set up to non-linear shapes to work the magic.

Back
Top Bottom