What are your Fav Amp Sims?

It's just so many many of them ))

My go to live clean is USA clean .. and live dirty sounds are Recto orange .. sometimes brown ... Recording - anything goes :D

Mik.

stevorc321 said:
The cornford sim seems pretty cool too.

The Cornford is cool, but for me I have to have a filter block or a drive or something in front of it to cut that bass down and tighten it up. I don't mind a bit of looseness in the tone, but the Cornford really surprised me with how flubby I found it. Once I'd slapped a filter in front of it though, I loved it.

DNW said:
stevorc321 said:
The cornford sim seems pretty cool too.

The Cornford is cool, but for me I have to have a filter block or a drive or something in front of it to cut that bass down and tighten it up. I don't mind a bit of looseness in the tone, but the Cornford really surprised me with how flubby I found it. Once I'd slapped a filter in front of it though, I loved it.

Yeah - I use a treble boost (tone down a bit). My strat sounds a lot more 'stratty' with it.

In my defense, I play a lot of different styles, so these lineups are constantly changing.

Clean: AC30, Blackface, JTM45
Crunch: JCM800, Hiwatt, Brownface, AC30
Gain: JCM800, Trainwreck, Powerball (with crazy settings to tame it)
Meltdown: Powerball (with typical settings)

geetarman said:
Not alot of love for the Hipower sims I really dig them for Floyd or Who type tones.

I was actually using that last night on a whim for some classic rock stuff and it just killed. Great sim that I overlooked.

I've only had mine for about 2.5 months and so far mostly just use:

Top Boost (for anything clean and with a Shred Dist drive block in front for blues tonage)
Energyball (for lower gain actually)
Euro2 (for smooth leads)
D60M (for everything else that I can :))

LOVE the freakin D60M. All of my presets are gig driven. I need to take some time and explore the amp models more to find some other flavors.

Shredi, which version of the MkIIc+ are you using? 2 or 1?

Is the only difference the bright switch being on, or is it voiced differently too. I havent really dug in too much, but Id have to think its more than just activating the bright switch on the amp sim.

supersecretjim said:
Shredi, which version of the MkIIc+ are you using? 2 or 1?

Is the only difference the bright switch being on, or is it voiced differently too. I havent really dug in too much, but Id have to think its more than just activating the bright switch on the amp sim.

I'm sorry, let me make what I posted a little more clear for the seeing impaired:

shredi knight said:
....And now of course, the USA IIC+ 2 sim. :D

;) ;) ;)

They are supposed to be voiced differently, but with the bright switch engaged on #1, I can't really tell a difference between them (I haven't really spent a lot of time A/Bing them though).

Here's a link to a thread that asked the same thing, with a response from Cliff on the difference:

viewtopic.php?f=11&t=4071

shredi knight said:
I'm sorry, let me make what I posted a little more clear for the seeing impaired:

[quote="shredi knight":3hkcqwzb]....And now of course, the USA IIC+ 2 sim. :D

;) ;) ;)[/quote:3hkcqwzb]

Thats all Im askin... ;)

It was kinda late & I was really tired.

stevorc321 said:
CAE 3+ rhythm
Boutique 1
Brownface
Plexi 1
Fusion

....mainly because these are the ones I have spent some time with. I'm sure there are heaps of other models I would love if I gave them a chance! The cornford sim seems pretty cool too.
Started using a combo of Dr z and supertweed for an edgy clean sound - sounds good so far. First time I have used 2 amps together on a patch - really impressed.

Back
Top Bottom