What are you using for sustain?

Can you elaborate a little more? This sounds like a "sustainiac" killer solutio :)

It's one of these small round-shaped bluetooth speakers with an analog input. Very simple: connect it to the Axe-FX output and record through the USB.

I even made a special back-cover plate for the guitar with two crossed velcro stripes to attach the speaker to the guitar body. I cannot take pictures now because I am traveling.

It's one of these small round-shaped bluetooth speakers with an analog input. Very simple: connect it to the Axe-FX output and record through the USB.

I even made a special back-cover plate for the guitar with two crossed velcro stripes to attach the speaker to the guitar body. I cannot take pictures now because I am traveling.

I've used similar ideas to do this before and it's a great inexpensive way to get feedback at low vols. I prefer it not mounted to the guitar (although that's a cool effect as well) so I can move the guitar around the speaker to get different feedback types. Which is why I like the Resonator so much.

You could run out of Output 2 and put the FX send block on the grid. That would allow you to turn the signal to the external speaker on/off at will. For live uses mount the speaker on your mic stand at the right height.

I just tried to use output 2 for the resonator.

The chain was gate, filter and the fx loop block. The gate is to prevent the resonator to start too early in case your pickups are in front of it, the filter is used to reverse the phase of the signal when you want to. This achieves a MIDI controlled resonator, included the different harmonic/phase mode.

Pretty cool I may say.

Surprised to hear reports of tone-suck with Vibesware, don't get that here. You can unplug the power supply and the signal still goes straight through it. I just A/B-ed it with a Loop Switcher and honestly with my eyes closed can't tell if it's in or out of the loop after switching it a random number of times. I guess one factor though could be an extra length of cable, I have the switch box right in my rack with a 2 foot cable so possibly that's a factor if you have it on the floor.

The Plus Pedal on the other hand I definitely hear tone-suck with it, especially with high gain tones with the guitar volume rolled off a little. I have a Loop Switcher dedicated to it here as it's definitely not something I want in my signal path unless I'm using it. Love it as an ambient guitar tool though, here's an example of how I use it.

In this video I loop some Plus Pedal drones with the Axe FX looper and then play over it with more drones. All other effects (wah, reverb, delay etc) are Axe FX.

Last edited:
Surprised to hear reports of tone-suck with Vibesware, don't get that here. You can unplug the power supply and the signal still goes straight through it. I just A/B-ed it with a Loop Switcher and honestly with my eyes closed can't tell if it's in or out of the loop after switching it a random number of times. I guess one factor though could be an extra length of cable, I have the switch box right in my rack with a 2 foot cable so possibly that's a factor if you have it on the floor.

Same here. I've never had mechanical issues nor experienced a change in tone when it's in the loop. I'm running about 15' of cable from the axe to it and then about another 15' from it to the guitar. The only thing I would change is the AC connector on the unit. It appears to be surface mounted to the PCB with no support from the housing. Just feels like I could break it when reconnecting the AC.

image.jpg
I have one of these and it's amazing, takes a bit to get used to but gives very natural sounding sustain, even when playing on headphones. The guy in the video is using AxeFX :)

I also have an EBow and the Gamechanger Plus pedal, those are great too but the Vibesware Resonator gives the closest thing to actual amp feedback.

Just took delivery of one of those.....it will definitely take some getting used to, but it also definitely works .

Back
Top Bottom