what are you guys using to transport your MFC's in?

kmanick

Fractal Fanatic
I got a chance to use my Axe FXII in 4CM mode a with my JVM yesterday at rehearsal
sounded killer, a little hissy but I threw a gate in after the FX loops block and it silenced it right up.
It's a little tight so I'll have to play with it but it worked great. I love the chorus pedals and the delays we have in the Axe.
I also have been using the Eternal love as a drive pedal and it sounds very good.
I'm still on 18.02 I'm hoping the G3'd drives sound even better, I'm waiting for the full release with Axe Edit before I upgrade though.

So when we were packing up my bass player handed me the MFC and said what do you put this in??

Good question I don't put it in anything, you guys have a case or a bag that you like for transporting this thing around.

I've seen people use a DJ bag/backpack, which is something I didn't even know they made really. They are designed to hold the typical DJ style mixers, which is pretty similar in size to a MFC. Looks to be a great solution as they can also have a compartment to hold some cables and stuff, another slot for a laptop etc.

I don't really move mine enough to require it, but overall looks like a great solution to help transport the MFC and a few pedals, cables etc. Being a backpack design would really help as they you have 2 hands to carry a guitar case, Axe rack etc

I have a 4RU gator rackbag, and only put the Axe in it. The 2 spaces left are just enough to stick the MFC-101 in there backwards for transporting to/from rehearsal or a gig. I keep 2 pedals and my cables in a shopping bag. I can just barely get that plus a single QSC K10 and my guitar in one awkward load from the car.

The Pedaltrain Jr case is the perfect size for me. I can get the MFC plus a Boss volume pedal in there and the side pocket has enough room for cables, tools, strings, picks, etc.

For local stuff I use a laptop rolling case. The MFC fits perfectly and it has additional space for pedals and wires. For traveling I use a Pedaltrain Pro.

I use a rolling ATA case that was made for a TV monitor. Cut some foam to fit and the MFC, pedal, power supply (you never know), XA-2, cables all fit in it. Very secure, can stack stuff on it in the trailer without fear of damage.

PTrain Pro with two EXP pedals and 3 Boss FS-5. But a lot of times I don't need all of it so I'm considering downsizing to 2 PT Jr's... one for the MFC and one for the pedals.

A lot of briefcases/laptop cases are deep enough for the MFC too. Then I could just have one PT Jr for the pedals.

One thing I do like about the Pro though -- it's much deeper than the MFC, so the inputs/cables on the back are somewhat protected from people getting too close to it.

I have the Axe in a SKB 6u rack, with a 2u rack shelf holding the MFC and the bottom of the case holding cables and 2 exp pedals. It's pretty heavy but everything is in the case so I just roll up with that and a guitar.

Pedaltrain Jr, w/ softcase. Mission SP-1 & BOSS FV-500L; got an EV-1 on the way, which will swap out with the BOSS.

I use a custom flight case. The pedalboard is removable, although in the picture below it's still sitting on the bottom of the case. I've toured this setup for some time, and it's held up really well.
board.jpg

I use a case I found on eBay. It fits the MFC and two Mission pedals, all held in place with industrial strength Velcro. I have three 2" wide strips of 1/4" plywood underneath the MFC...just enough to lift it off the rubber feet. There is Velcro on both sides of the plywood as well as the bottom of the MFC. That way I can pull the MFC out of the case if needed and still have the rubber feet on it. Did much the same with the Mission pedals.

Effects Pedals ATA Case 1 4" Ply Light Duty ID 28x14x6 H Factory Super Sale | eBay

Prior to the flight case, I was using the Gator bag that I used for my POD XT Live.

Back
Top Bottom