What are you GASing for right now?

Either a new (or used) guitar with P90s, or a pair of P-Rails to drop into a guitar I already own. Jonesing for a soapbar guitar of some sort.
I've been jonesing for a P90 guitar as well...they don't seem to come up used very often around our neck of the woods.
One of those items I will be downsizing is a PRS 25th Anniversary Mira Soapbar. Maybe I'll put it up here for a couple of days before it goes to Reverb.

https://reverb.com/item/27232982-rare-2010-25th-anniv-paul-reed-smith-prs-mira-soapbar

Last edited:
More PRS's always, would like a Santana, a 513, and a Cu24 w a maple board. Benefits of having the AxIII more money for guitars. Id also like to get some more lenses for my Sony A7II

So I bought an Ibanez AZ2402 ICE a couple of days ago but i'm pondering about bringing it back. It is an Axe-fx III or this Ibanez and a FM3. Very playable guitar but the pups aren't exactly fitting my style of music. It makes me play different and more though. That's nice. Love the roasted neck also. But then there is the dual amp capabilities of the Axe-fx III... :sweatsmile: idk3e9ca768-7acd-4473-8cbe-1a169e78c5fa.jpeg

So I bought an Ibanez AZ2402 ICE a couple of days ago but i'm pondering about bringing it back. It is an Axe-fx III or this Ibanez and a FM3. Very playable guitar but the pups aren't exactly fitting my style of music. It makes me play different and more though. That's nice. Love the roasted neck also. But then there is the dual amp capabilities of the Axe-fx III... :sweatsmile: idkView attachment 57629
Sounds to me like you already know what you want to do. You can save up and get another Ibanez with pickups you like better....

Reactions: NaN
I’m gassing for a 1977 Fender Strat hardtail (my year of birth... plus I dig the big-ass headstock) and the FM3.

One of those items I will be downsizing is a PRS 25th Anniversary Mira Soapbar. Maybe I'll put it up here for a couple of days before it goes to Reverb.

https://reverb.com/item/27232982-rare-2010-25th-anniv-paul-reed-smith-prs-mira-soapbar

Sweet axe, but unfortunately quite a ways outside of my GAS budget. (I'm the kind of guy who buys $300 used MIM Strats or PRS SEs and drops another couple hundred bucks worth of pickups in them.) Seriously considering a set of P-Rails for my older PRS SE Custom 22.

The only thing I'm kinda GASing for is an Axe III. Not because its better then my II, I'm perfectly fine with how my II sounds several Ares and Quantum firmware upgrades ago. Every new update basically sounds the same to me anyway. I just want the extra CPU power to build the long FX chains that I just can't quite create on my II. Forcing me to compromise. But then again that might sometimes be a good thing, right?

But in the end once you've reached a certain level of gear ownership new gear will no longer enrich your life. You start out with nothing, so new gear acquisition becomes an upward curve. Then you reach a point where you basically have all you need and getting new stuff is just a psychological itch that you want to scratch because that is what you've always did. Will a new overdrive, or a new guitar when you have more then enough already enrich your life? Probably for a short time. Then you find something new to make you GAS over and the old new thing gets forgotten already. The only acquisitions that will truly transform your sound are radical paradigm changes. Like going from all analog to digital. A new overdrive pedal, or a new guitar? Not really.

Says the guy who keeps on building new guitars when he has plenty already.

Sweet axe, but unfortunately quite a ways outside of my GAS budget. (I'm the kind of guy who buys $300 used MIM Strats or PRS SEs and drops another couple hundred bucks worth of pickups in them.) Seriously considering a set of P-Rails for my older PRS SE Custom 22.
If you do, shoot me a meesage and let me know how you like them. I've considered using them a few times, but don't know anyone with real world experience. I was also looking for some different sounds and put a prewired "Seymour Duncan Everything" pickguard into one of my Strats, and I'm very impressed with it! going to unveil it at the next gig and see what it sounds like live. Pickups are a lot cheaper than guitars when relieving GAS pains!

I've been at a point gear wise for a long time that I don't really "need" anything. There are still bits and bobs out there I'll eventually acquire, but the main thing I'm gassing for overall is that moment in time when all my disciplines coalesce into a unified level of competence where I can combine them into great works. I'm not holding my breath for that magical day...

What is it about the P90s? I'm on the same tear. I keep looking at 50s LP Specials.

I've wanted a P90 equipped guitar for years now. I love how they sound...they sort of sit between a conventional single coil and a humbucker. I have a friend with a Les Paul Jr. with them and I just loooooove the tones it can produce. I'd love a modern guitar with them....ohhhh yea....!

I've wanted a P90 equipped guitar for years now. I love how they sound...they sort of sit between a conventional single coil and a humbucker. I have a friend with a Les Paul Jr. with them and I just loooooove the tones it can produce. I'd love a modern guitar with them....ohhhh yea....!

Don't know what your pain point is price-wise, but the PRS limited edition 594 soapbars from a couple of years ago are pretty special. Reverb has 4 pages of them, a couple of the used ones seem to be priced pretty nice.

Back
Top Bottom