What are the best test-tone settings in the synth-block?

Morphosis

Official G66 Support
Perhaps Cliff can help out?

Because Amp-matching with a test-tone from the synth-block should be much more accurate and independent from a guitar, which settings on the test-tone-generator (synth-block) will give the most accurate results?

In my Amp-matching Tutorial a sine-sweep is default (3rd Voice, frequency connected to LFO, Track=off, Filter open on 20KHz). In this szenario: Would it be the best leaving the rest of the parameters on default values?

Would using the pink noise instead of sine-sweep will give more accurate results? Or doesn`t matter? If it does matter, what settings are recommended for the rest of the paramters?

Last edited:
Cliff on TGP:

"What *I* do is the following:
Plug guitar into Axe-Fx. Route input to both amp and fx loop. Connect Output 2 to amp. Connect mic pre t Input 2. Turn Out 2 Level knob to full.
Start capture on BOTH reference and user. Play a bunch of chords up and down the neck. Press Enter. Done.
Another technique is to insert a synth block before the amp/fx loop and use test tones instead. Pink noise works well. I also have a "mathematical" set of six swept triangle waves that also works well. You need two synth blocks to do this. "

Thanks Yek!

So, it seems Pink noise is preferred. Any detailed suggestions for setup the synth block perfectly? ... Seems, i have to rework and upgrade my tutorial to that .... ugh ...

Sorry, I have no add. info. Haven't done tone matching myself either, I like the amp models as they are.

Thanks for the link! Interpretation? Pink noise better for dynamic, sine for frequency????

Not an expert here but my take is:

A swept wave has a higher signal-to-noise ratio vs. pink noise. Other factors, like if the measurement software uses a tracking filter etc. I'm not sure of in the AxeFx.

what about maybe a combination of both: tonematching first with pink noise -> save to IR and than tonematch that with a sinesweep ^^

what about maybe a combination of both: tonematching first with pink noise -> save to IR and than tonematch that with a sinesweep ^^

That`s an idea, but double the work :-( But perhaps using both simultaneously: Voice 3 = sine sweep / Voice 2 = pink noise ?!

Back
Top Bottom