What are the best pedals for the MFC 101

musicman61554

Inspired
I have seen a ton of Boss and Mission pedals being the best ones. What is the difference between the 2 and are there any others in the running?

Well hello fellow musicman in his username. I was just curious if there was a difference. I am def new at the expression pedals thing.

It's a feel thing. Try out both and it will be immediately obvious to you which you prefer for which functions. I prefer the longer throw and sturdier feel of the Boss FV500's but it's all subjective.
-
Austin

It's a pick your poison sort of choice. I use a Mission SP-2, used an Ernie Ball volume pedal for a while and it was workable. The Boss pedals get good reviews here, but I haven't tried one so I can't speak to that. It's really whatever you prefer, but I'd say you can't really go wrong with Mission or Boss. They are used so extensively by forum folks that there is no question they work well with the Axe Fx.

I have two Mission E. pedals and am very happy with them. Very heavy duty and replacement parts are readily available should you put 100K miles on it in the first year. Make sure when looking at "others" you are looking at expression pedals and not volume pedals. They need to be TRS.

Last edited:
I am def making sure they are expressions pedals. I really appreciate the feedback guys. I know that I need a few with the MFC to really get some insane sounds moving.

I love my EP1s from Mission. Two of mine are spring loaded which works great with the wah and whammy. The Axe has an auto engage feature so if you have the spring as soon ad you take your foot off the pedal the effect turns off that is a really cool feature you don't have to push a switch to engage it. What ever you get I'm sure you'll love it.

Nice guys, yea I read about the spring loaded feature and it seemed sweet.

That one is very nice for wah or whammy but really limits you to that. I found I need more flexibility for valuable pedalboard real estate than to have a pedal limited to those two effects.

I like the longer sweep and bigger surface area of the Boss.........but they don't come with a spring option (a major oversight on a boss's part IMHO)

I have two of the Mission - they are well made and I like them a lot - the decider for me was that they are available with a spring .....

So I think you'd be happy with either - but if you want a spring your only have one option at present...........if you like a really long sweep - and don't need a spring then go with the Boss ?

I think the major thing about the Mission pedals (SP-1 and SP-2) is that they can have two functions and can behave like a normal way with the switch at the down position. I think that Mission is the only EP that can do that? Downside is that Mission pedals have the plugs at the side instead of the top like most other EP's which makes them harder to fit in a pedal case and also that you need a battery for the on/off led. For me that's a deal breaker.

Last edited:
What problems did you have with the Mission pedals?

What about this (cheap) Behringer? I heard from a friend it sucked as a volume pedal but it is really good as an expression pedal. Anyone uses this one?
Behringer FCV100 Dual Mode Footcontroller | Musician's Friend

It kept getting loose after a few hours of use, kept tightening it but got to a point where it wouldn't stay in place, bought a second one used but in like new condition, same problem.. it just became very loose in a middle of a show, and I hardly use it, just a few songs for volume changes and some wah, but nothing crazy.

Back
Top Bottom