What are Fractal's plans for the unused USB port?

Bad thing about wireless for my setup is there probably needs to be a battery somewhere and that means I'm going to forget to change / charge that battery, which is why I sold my wireless stuff.
I really like the Line6 G10s wireless. You just plug the transmitter into the base during setup and breaks and it charges it for you..

Where would you need a battery? The FM3 is getting 110-240VAC so anything near it or attached to it requiring power can be/probably will be plugged in as well with some sort of pedalboard power strip situation if it cannot be powered by the FM3 via the USB port itself.

I was thinking for my tablet (that would be running some form of FM3edit and connected via bluetooth). I'd rather just have a USB cord to plug in and power the tablet too as I use it for my leadsheets and recording.

Last edited:
I really like the Line6 G10s wireless. You just plug the transmitter into the base during setup and breaks and it charges it for you..

I had one of the line 6 units about 8 years ago that didn't have a feature like that, which is when I learned that I'm much better off with a cable than wireless, lol. I think I would get about 3 hours on a charge.

Our bass player is using a nice wireless unit and it sounds like the one you describe. He really likes it and it sounds good. It would be nice to not be tethered by a cord all the time. Maybe I should try one again but that's not the point of this thread.

Sorry for the meandering posts...

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom