What amp would you buy if the Axe Fx didn't exist?

What amp = Skrydstrup R&D OD50

What amps, then I'd also go with:
Skrydstrup R&D SD50
Custom by Cougar/Mystic Blues ODS 100/50
Swart AST head mkII
Carr Rambler
Reinau Deluxe (Modern)

If the Axe didn't exist this board wouldn't exist, so I can't tell you because I'm not here

If I was here then I'd like to say the Egnator M4 ... but seeing as I'd never heard of the Egnator before reading about it on this board then the question is totally doing my head in and I might have to re-think my whole existence

I still keep a Custom Audio PT50 and a Fender Princeton around, and I use it a lot when I do things where a rack isn't appropriate.

I was looking into replacing my Rocktron Piranha with a Mesa Boogie Triaxis right before pulling the trigger on the Axe FX-2.

just around the time I discovered the Axe-II I was considering building a rig with a Triaxis and a G-Force through all my Marshall backline
I still reckon that combination of toys could have been a pretty good sounding rig...

then then the Axe-II came out and trumped it

I would buy all the amps that I sold because of owning the Axe II.

MKIIC+
MKIII
Legacy
Quad Preamp
Triaxis

Gladly, 'tis only a day terror, the utter thought of life without an Axe FX II.

I'd still be using a vetta 2 I'm sure. It's really hard to say because if I didn't have my axe you absolutely can count that I'd be playing through a deliverance 60 (my fav model in the unit), but I would never have played this model without the axe. I had an opportunity to check out a Diamond amp a few months ago and holy crap are those sweet. They're insanely expensive however. Again, I would not have even been interested in the amp had I not read about it on these very forums (some ny amp show thread)... Well, that might be a lie. I know the dudes in 12 stones, who own it, so I probably would've run into that anyway.

couldn't decide between a mark v and a diezel herbert...too good i don't have to make that decision :)

Ha !! that's a good question :
1) First of all my wife would have divorced me due to insatisfiable GAS
2) Once the alimoney paid, I'd probably get me the same modded Fender DLR mounted with a G12H30 greenback. For the effects : either a cheap second hand Digitech LE2101n or something more recent & a decent booster pedal
Oufff....happily there is Axe Fx : the best medicine ever found out against GAS.

However.....I might be buying a new set of PU for my fender japan strat of '86 tonight....fever....fever...first new investment since I bought the II last year !

easy...JVM 410HJS signature head and cab...I currently own one and its killer... :)

Yep....I'd go back to my JVM 410, specifically because of the MIDI control flexibility. I really want to say the EVH, but without a master volume or MIDI.......no dice

I came from being a mark IV player so I'd grab a mark V
and a JVM 410HJS . I just checked one of those out the other day and man oh man does it sound freaking good.
Before I went Axe I was pretty much a Mesa guy (5150 II as well) but now that I've had all of these other models to play with it would be really tough not to own a room full of amps.

Back to my Splawn QR, Mesa Triple or Marshall JCM800 :)

But the biggest surprise for me with the AE II has been the Cornford - I really dig it and would have to get one of them...

Back
Top Bottom