What Amp Models would you like to see added?

Don't some amps already, notoriously, do that? Mesa Boogie Triple Crest, Marshall Silver Jubilee, and some versions
of the JCM800 and JCM900 (among others) all have opamps and/or clipping diodes added into the preamp (aka a "pedal.")

Pretty sure the Jose Aredondo Mod of Marshall Superleads and Plexis also used some Zener diode clipping. Dave Friedman
used some of that same topology in the BE amps. Saturation switch ON = introduction of diode clipping into the circuit.

Someone else here probably knows more about that than I do. :)

JCM800 channel switching models 2210, 2205 and their combo derivatives all had clipping diodes, probably derived from reverse engineering Jose mods. They were not terribly popular back in the day, and I always struggled to love them as much as the straight Master Volume amps. Having said that, very rare that I ever used a 2203 or 2204 without goosing the front end with a drive pedal, so I'm not sure what i thought I was achieving by being so "purist". :tearsofjoy:

I think the JCM800 2203 Kerry King signature model has a Tube Screamer effectively built into the preamp section. Bet they sound great.

Liam

Some of the more extreme boutique high gain metal amps!

Not that FAS Skull crusher cant manage all those tones, it absolutely rips. But the merrier. haha

many of the amps mentioned above are definitely derived from other circuits for instance , If your interested and want to tweak here are some starting points

The Mezzabara is a Marshall/SLO. Mix

The Original HK Triamp same thing its a SLO pre amp with a Jcm Type output

Framus Cobra Slo preamp w Bandaxall tweaked tone stack

Peavey JSX is a take on the 5150 Lead channel w Active Eq like the XXX and El34s

Driftwood I am not sure but it not 100% original it is coming from something else

***As far as pretty original circuits one I could mention that would be cool to have is a Naylor SuperDrive
>ChatGPT - if I wanted to mimic the purple nightmare with preamp and power amp sections from different amps, which axe fx 3 amps would be best?

If you want to mimic the sound of the Driftwood Purple Nightmare using different preamp and power amp sections in the Axe-Fx III, there are a few different amp models that you could experiment with.

One option for the preamp section could be the "Brit Silver" model, which is based on the Marshall JTM45 amplifier that the Purple Nightmare is derived from. You could pair this with the "Recto" model for the power amp section, which is based on the Mesa Boogie Dual Rectifier and provides a modern, high-gain sound that is similar to the Purple Nightmare.

Another possible combination could be the "5153" model for the preamp section, which is based on the Peavey 5150/6505 amplifier that is often used in high-gain metal and rock music. You could pair this with the "Friedman BE" model for the power amp section, which is based on the Friedman BE-100 amplifier and provides a thick, saturated tone that is similar to the Purple Nightmare.

Ultimately, the best approach will depend on your personal preferences and playing style, and you may need to experiment with different amp models, settings, and effects to find the right combination to mimic the sound of the Purple Nightmare.

Now I got some testing to do!

Back
Top Bottom