What Amp Models would you like to see added?

I don't know about until he passed away, but I could barely get my mid-90s 5150 sold for $350 back in '05.

Which I regret, immensely.

I just want a translator for "guitarist". Forget sag, B+, gain staging... I'd like knobs that say "squish" and "bloom" or "warmth" 🤪🤣
You jest, but that's the "limiting" factor of the AxeFx. Cliff and Co solve this for those that don't want to invest the time to learn it for whatever reason, and their sales undoubtedly increase.

Have any of you had an opportunity to try/use a fender Supersonic? I feel that its one of their better amps its very versatile and sounds great. Not sure of its still sold or if it was a limited run but one hell of an amp.
I disliked that amp so much I literally gave it away. My buddy said he dug it I told him to keep it.

I’d love to see something like the orange or120 or matamp gt120, seems like some fairly unique amps not currently represented in the axe FX.

We have some orange models but they seem quite different from the old big heads, after a cursory look at the schematics available online.

I see very few amps that would add anything of value to the Fractal. I would rather see more bass amps at this point than any guitar amps.

Adding any more Marshall-based amps seems pointless when you have a huge selection already. To me your Mezzabarbas and Driftwoods do absolutely nothing you can't get out of existing models by tweaking a bit. Afaik many of the Mezzabarbas are Soldano SLO-based, not sure of the Driftwood but might be similar. Most amps on the market are not that unique and their feature sets are bigger differentiators than how they sound when played through the same cab. In the digital realm those feature sets become irrelevant when you can just switch amp models at the press of a button.

Stop thinking about having your favorite brand/model X in the amp and start learning what the already massive selection can do. The goal should be to get your favorite tones rather than the tone of some particular real amp. If you treat amp models as if they are just some presets you will find more tones that you like.

I see very few amps that would add anything of value to the Fractal. I would rather see more bass amps at this point than any guitar amps.

Adding any more Marshall-based amps seems pointless when you have a huge selection already. To me your Mezzabarbas and Driftwoods do absolutely nothing you can't get out of existing models by tweaking a bit. Afaik many of the Mezzabarbas are Soldano SLO-based, not sure of the Driftwood but might be similar. Most amps on the market are not that unique and their feature sets are bigger differentiators than how they sound when played through the same cab. In the digital realm those feature sets become irrelevant when you can just switch amp models at the press of a button.

Stop thinking about having your favorite brand/model X in the amp and start learning what the already massive selection can do. The goal should be to get your favorite tones rather than the tone of some particular real amp. If you treat amp models as if they are just some presets you will find more tones that you like.
This and yes I do wish at some point that a Wizard MTL would be awesome but yeah it’s sound could definitely archived with tweaking one of the Marshall based amps.
I would prefer to have some more and unique FAS Amps and effects.

I have kind of wondered about the missing jcm900. Might not be very sought after anymore, but was very widespread in the 90s.

I used to have a 1x12 50w combo as a teenager, but must admit I dialled it in more or less randomly back then.
I rehearsed with a 900 combo one time, I had the bass at 10 and the treble at 0 and it was still thin and sharp with a Les Paul

I have kind of wondered about the missing jcm900. Might not be very sought after anymore, but was very widespread in the 90s.

I used to have a 1x12 50w combo as a teenager, but must admit I dialled it in more or less randomly back then.

Load up a Brit 800. Go to Power Tubes & CF tab. Change EL34 to 5881. Go to ideal tab and turn on the bright switch. Might have to play around with EQ a bit, but that should get you started.

Crank up the gain!

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom