What amp model for Godsmack tones?

mikeyg

Experienced
Which amp model would you use for their tones? I have a feeling I might get Recto recommendations ... if so, I'm having trouble getting that tone, and could use some pointers...

I understand that he has dropped the Recto in favour of a Splawn Quick Rod and the Diezel Herbert, blended. Try those.

Where you're probably struggling - especially if this is your first foray into heavier rock / metal, is the IR. That's where your focus shall be.

I'm not sure what cab(s) Tony Rombola uses, but I'll look it up later and mention it here if I remember.

I don't use IRs or cab modeling. I run through a 2x12 with V30s.... but a couple times I've been surprised that turning on the cab modeling does help even when not using FRFR. I can try that, and the amp blending.

Thanks!

I played "Awake" and "Something Different" in my cover band. For Amps, I used the "Hot Kitty" and the "5153 100W Red". I used my own mix of UltraRes IR's from my JCM800 412 cab.
So 8 IR's (a mix of near, far, behind, room, etc) of the top 2 speakers on the hot kitty, panned hard left,
and and another 8 IR's of the bottom 2 speakers for the 5153 panned hard right.
Speakers were original Celestion G12-65's.
All EQ was done with the tone controls and the EQ in the amp blocks, Basically, I just listened to his live sound from youtube video's and tried to match it as best as I could by ear.

They play in Drop C, but in my cover band, we played them in drop D. I used an LTD EC-CZ (Clockwork Zombie) with EMG 81/60 Chrome set.

I played "Awake" and "Something Different" in my cover band. For Amps, I used the "Hot Kitty" and the "5153 100W Red". I used my own mix of UltraRes IR's from my JCM800 412 cab.
So 8 IR's (a mix of near, far, behind, room, etc) of the top 2 speakers on the hot kitty, panned hard left,
and and another 8 IR's of the bottom 2 speakers for the 5153 panned hard right.
Speakers were original Celestion G12-65's.
All EQ was done with the tone controls and the EQ in the amp blocks, Basically, I just listened to his live sound from youtube video's and tried to match it as best as I could by ear.

They play in Drop C, but in my cover band, we played them in drop D. I used an LTD EC-CZ (Clockwork Zombie) with EMG 81/60 Chrome set.

Off topic but nice pics, Severed. I had to scroll through all of them to check out all your gear and you have some sweet stuff going on.

Back
Top Bottom