What amp, if did not have the Axe Fx III?

Tremonti

Fractal Fanatic
For fun....what amp would cover your bases for live performance, if you did not own a Axe Fx III? Cover band scenario where you need a clean, a crunch and a lead. Cost is not an issue. Shoot!

I'd just use my Mesa/Boogie Mark III black dot simul-class head with reverb and EQ. For cabinets I'd have to decide if I want to bring one or two of my 1x12 EVM-12L cabinets.

It's kind of old school...like me. :)

Tried the Joe satriani Marshall... well, I actually tried a guitar in a guitar shop in Tokyo, but they plugged it into the Satriani amp. Great sounding, plenty of tweak options for "only" being an amp

Soldano - SLO 100 - has great crunch and love the tone when you back down the guitar volume knob. Does it all for me - and consequently, is my go to in the axe as well...

Ideally, something with 4 channels for me. Diezel VH4, Hughes & Kettner Triamp MKIII, ENGL Invader 2, Rhodes Colossus H-100 and a Tommy Folkesson modded Marshall are amps I'd like to have in a room at the same time to try out and compare.

That Rev Generator 120 looks fucking tits! That fro haired British cat played through one and it was severely impressive!

Soldano - SLO 100 - has great crunch and love the tone when you back down the guitar volume knob. Does it all for me - and consequently, is my go to in the axe as well...
I get you....what about a SLO is amazing? I have trouble describing what it is about them??

Ideally, something with 4 channels for me. Diezel VH4, Hughes & Kettner Triamp MKIII, ENGL Invader 2, Rhodes Colossus H-100 and a Tommy Folkesson modded Marshall are amps I'd like to have in a room at the same time to try out and compare.
You spit'n the truth homie.

Too difficult to expect all the tones I want from an amp. I don't even do that in that Axe II. I would get a vintage Vibrolux and pedalboard.

Back
Top Bottom