What amp, if did not have the Axe Fx III?

Upon further consideration, I might be able to live my entire life happy with my guitar tone if my amp is a Marshall 1974, 18 watter, with Greenbacks in it, and with a Seymour Duncan Pickup Booster pedal for when I want more drive. That's one spectactular sounding amp. I suggest you try one out if you can find one to try.

There's always the Fredrick Thordendal approach to consider too :eek:

meshuggah1_f8e8c4f8-9dd8-4e57-a676-3f96526fd08e.jpg

If not for the axe FX, i'd probably be using a helix stomp.
But if Amp modelling is not allowed, maybe some lunchbox amp... Orange mini terror?...

I still have my trusty Road King
Man I had one of those back in the day. Amazing piece of hardware. SO MANY TUBES and SWITCHES! Mesa makes really really well made gear, but that much going on, always made me worry live.

I've actually bought (and sometimes sold) more real tube amps SINCE getting the Fractal than I had BEFORE getting the Fractal. I call it my gateway drug, because it guided me in my amp shopping. I knew more about what tones I can expect if I buy THIS amp.

I've become an aficionado of vintage JMP era Marshalls. I even make restoration front and back panels for them, which has been a nice little sideline busness.

But the single tube amp that seems to do it all best for me so far is...my newly acquired Mesa/Boogie Mark IV. It does everything my previous favorite amp, my Blue Stripe Mesa Mark III did, but its two rhythm modes are even MORE usable. I never had much use for R2 on the Mark III, but you could do entire gigs using only R2 on the Mark IV and never feel like you were missing out on anything you need.

Mesa TA-30. Jack of all trades amp.

Love, love, love that little monster. I gigged mine up until COVID (and owned a MKV among other amps at the time).

Still blows me away that it never was in production long, and didn't become one of the best-selling Mesa amps of all time.
Insanely good. How it has that many modes/options and kills at them all is beyond me. Just glad it does. :)

Based on the models, the Bludotone Ojai, the Tweed Bassman (have played the reissue IRL), and the Trainwreck Rocket would cover anything I wanted to do, I think....

The
ILOP666 would be great for me for the FM3 !

It is that one amp I only need...
The Ignore Lack Of Practice 666 and I would be a really good player!

Ok to be honest, I personally think with the already included amps and deep editig possibilities you can get close to any amp you can imagine.
I once had 3 or 4 main presets created with completeley different amps and unintentionally tweaked them (EQs, IRs, Valves and so on) to nearly same sound. :tearsofjoy:

Kev Rockitts Rockitt Retro 50 Plexi Replica....... into 2 Bogner Cube 112s loaded with Scumback M75s.

Back
Top Bottom