What amp did the Axe-Fx III make you discover and fall in love with?

sluice

Inspired
Just curious to see for others!

I, for myself, am huge hot-rod Marshall fan. My all time favorite amp (at least that I've owned) is the Soldano SLO 100. (Agree to disagree but the Soldano is like the perfect modded Marshall : The aggression of the 800 with some high end smoothness when cranked...

Anyhow, although the Rectifier arguably copied the SLO preamp, I have never been a fan of Rectifiers or other Mesa's amp for that matter.
I've owned a Mark V, years ago, and never truly bonded with it.

Anyway, to get on topic, I have totally fell in love with the IIC+ and JP IIC+ with the Fractal.
So much, that if I were to buy a real amp tomorrow, it would probably be the JP IIC+ !

What about you guys!

Just curious to see for others!

I, for myself, am huge hot-rod Marshall fan. My all time favorite amp (at least that I've owned) is the Soldano SLO 100. (Agree to disagree but the Soldano is like the perfect modded Marshall : The aggression of the 800 with some high end smoothness when cranked...

Anyhow, although the Rectifier arguably copied the SLO preamp, I have never been a fan of Rectifiers or other Mesa's amp for that matter.
I've owned a Mark V, years ago, and never truly bonded with it.

Anyway, to get on topic, I have totally fell in love with the IIC+ and JP IIC+ with the Fractal.
So much, that if I were to buy a real amp tomorrow, it would probably be the JP IIC+ !

What about you guys!
Literally every day , I discover or rediscover a new model in the III , but when I have tried the real=life counterparts, I have often been under impressed ...I already got this tone at the volume I need. The only amps I have bought since going Fractal are not represented directly (PRS MT-15, Guytron FW100, Friedman Runt 20 combo VHT Special 12/20)

Reactions: ESW
I periodically find a new amp in the axe fx III with which I fall in love, but a few of them have become hard to beat for me and I'm sometimes GASsin' for the real ones.

These are:

AC-20 EF86 treble
VH4 Silver ch.3
JTM45
Friedman Small Box
Hipower Jumped (I owned a real DR504 for several years)

The Deliverance, SLO-100, VH4, 5150iii 50w Blue channel, and the HRM.

The more I dig into each them, them more a universe of sound opens up for me where I wonder how I got along without these sounds prior to getting this unit.

The Friedmann HBE 2018 C45 is my new fave. But the resonancecurve and the multi-input-output possibilities are some of the many features, I really love.
But I'm glad, I pushed the button with FW 11.1
A huge step ahead from the Axe 2, which is still a supergreat tool.

JP IIC+, Shiva and I get the same sound from the Legacy I sold so It is Cali Leggy. I was not a marshall guy but since I got fx3 I realized I play with them more and more

Before I started using FAS gear, I had been using Mesa amps for many years. I used a Mark IV combo for a long time. I used Marshall amps many years ago. When I bought the Ax8 I discovered the Soldano 100 which I found was great for getting a cool classic 70’s rock tone. I also discovered Vox type amps - the AC-20 has now become a favorite that I use quite a bit. I still use Marshall’s and Mesa but much less now. I also re-discovered Fender amps for clean and break up tones. I use the Deluxe Tweed and Double Verb a lot.

The Rectifier for sure. I‘ve owned them and have always struggled with fizz and tubbiness. The Mark 5 eq solves all that for me in the Axe.

Back
Top Bottom