• We would like to remind our members that this is a privately owned, run and supported forum. You are here at the invitation and discretion of the owners. As such, rules and standards of conduct will be applied that help keep this forum functioning as the owners desire. These include, but are not limited to, removing content and even access to the forum.

Please give yourself a refresher on the forum rules you agreed to follow when you signed up.

What amp did the Axe-Fx III make you discover and fall in love with?

sluice

Just curious to see for others!

I, for myself, am huge hot-rod Marshall fan. My all time favorite amp (at least that I've owned) is the Soldano SLO 100. (Agree to disagree but the Soldano is like the perfect modded Marshall : The aggression of the 800 with some high end smoothness when cranked...

Anyhow, although the Rectifier arguably copied the SLO preamp, I have never been a fan of Rectifiers or other Mesa's amp for that matter.
I've owned a Mark V, years ago, and never truly bonded with it.

Anyway, to get on topic, I have totally fell in love with the IIC+ and JP IIC+ with the Fractal.
So much, that if I were to buy a real amp tomorrow, it would probably be the JP IIC+ !

What about you guys!

bradlake

Axe-Master
Just curious to see for others!

I, for myself, am huge hot-rod Marshall fan. My all time favorite amp (at least that I've owned) is the Soldano SLO 100. (Agree to disagree but the Soldano is like the perfect modded Marshall : The aggression of the 800 with some high end smoothness when cranked...

Anyhow, although the Rectifier arguably copied the SLO preamp, I have never been a fan of Rectifiers or other Mesa's amp for that matter.
I've owned a Mark V, years ago, and never truly bonded with it.

Anyway, to get on topic, I have totally fell in love with the IIC+ and JP IIC+ with the Fractal.
So much, that if I were to buy a real amp tomorrow, it would probably be the JP IIC+ !

What about you guys!
Literally every day , I discover or rediscover a new model in the III , but when I have tried the real=life counterparts, I have often been under impressed ...I already got this tone at the volume I need. The only amps I have bought since going Fractal are not represented directly (PRS MT-15, Guytron FW100, Friedman Runt 20 combo VHT Special 12/20)

Reactions: ESW

DLC86

Fractal Fanatic
I periodically find a new amp in the axe fx III with which I fall in love, but a few of them have become hard to beat for me and I'm sometimes GASsin' for the real ones.

These are:

AC-20 EF86 treble
VH4 Silver ch.3
JTM45
Friedman Small Box
Hipower Jumped (I owned a real DR504 for several years)

dr bonkers

Fractal Fanatic
Vendor
The Deliverance, SLO-100, VH4, 5150iii 50w Blue channel, and the HRM.

The more I dig into each them, them more a universe of sound opens up for me where I wonder how I got along without these sounds prior to getting this unit.

Valhallir

Power User
Vendor
The Friedmann HBE 2018 C45 is my new fave. But the resonancecurve and the multi-input-output possibilities are some of the many features, I really love.
But I'm glad, I pushed the button with FW 11.1
A huge step ahead from the Axe 2, which is still a supergreat tool.

wagnar

JP IIC+, Shiva and I get the same sound from the Legacy I sold so It is Cali Leggy. I was not a marshall guy but since I got fx3 I realized I play with them more and more

curious

Experienced
Before I started using FAS gear, I had been using Mesa amps for many years. I used a Mark IV combo for a long time. I used Marshall amps many years ago. When I bought the Ax8 I discovered the Soldano 100 which I found was great for getting a cool classic 70’s rock tone. I also discovered Vox type amps - the AC-20 has now become a favorite that I use quite a bit. I still use Marshall’s and Mesa but much less now. I also re-discovered Fender amps for clean and break up tones. I use the Deluxe Tweed and Double Verb a lot.

MSS

Experienced
The Rectifier for sure. I‘ve owned them and have always struggled with fizz and tubbiness. The Mark 5 eq solves all that for me in the Axe.

Top Bottom