What amp and cab are the cleanest with no distortion added

It may change a little but you can dial in good tones. Tube amps at master volume 10 usually breaks so if you want a very clean sound you have to turn it down imo. Experiment with it, start at MV 5 then go up, find your sweat spot :)
to after i get the sweet spot
do I just use Level Control in the Mixer window to raise the volume of the over all this new tone?

Double Verb SF model with Factory cab 21. Set input drive below 3.5 (In real life, physical pain would cause you to keep the volume below this level.)

Your input settings look pretty normal, but those are some pretty extreme amp gain settings. You should not need to turn the input trim and gain that low with single coils. Do you have anything in front of the Amp that might be boosting the level? Also, with the gain control that low, the bright cap is bypassing a lot of treble and the tone will be very thin, especially with single coils. With my Strat, the 59 Bassman model is quite clean at about 3 on the gain and setting input trim to 0.5. That said, many early Fenders do not have a whole lot of clean headroom and will typically start to break up fairly low on the volume control depending on your pickups. If you want a more modern, compressed, super clean tone, go for a later Fender model, like the Double Verb SF (Silverface Twin Reverb) or a master volume amp like the USA clean (Boogie Mark IV clean channel). Both have higher wattage, larger transformers, and a lot more clean headroom.

Also, what are you using to monitor? Maybe the Axe is clipping the input of your power amp or monitors and causing the unwanted distortion.

Halve input trim. Turn down input drive. Consider turning down master volume. Use JC120, or USA Clean.

For cabs, any will work, but try 060 for a reliable familiar EQ response.

I cut the input drive to very low levels, the input trim too. Then I reduce the master volume. I now have clean, but with no level. I then boost the level until I have a workable volume and...CLEAN!

Back
Top Bottom