what am I doing wrong

Gorilla

Experienced
Trying to add a effects block preset into Axe Edit to use. I put the preset into my Fractal Audio/Axe Edit/Effects folder but it's not showing on my axe edit screen. Yes I have the effect block selected.
Am I doing this correct?

Thanks frustrating. Also, added a whammi effect block using my expression pedal and the whammy does not sound correct either?
Probably elementary moves... But I dont know them haha

Thanks

trying to add that effect .syx into the PITCH block. The guy said just drop his syx into the Fractal Audio/Axe Edit/Effects folder. But it doesnt work for me.

Here is what you do. If you follow these steps exactly it will work:
-save a pre-existing block in Axe Edit (the + on the small 'screen' at the left), a Blocks folder will be generated automatically
-then look where your computer saved it (it is in the Fractal Blocks folder)
-drop the user effect block in that same folder
-restart Axe Edit!
-in Axe edit select the user block from the same small screen
-Then save your preset

It is not the most user friendly method. It was much easier in the past with Axe Manage but it works.
Btw after you change to another preset and go back to the preset with the user block you won't see the name of the user block anymore. Looks like your user block is gone but it is not. The name just doesn't get saved on the hardware.

Here is what you do. If you follow these steps exactly it will work:
-save a pre-existing block in Axe Edit (the + on the small 'screen' at the left), a Blocks folder will be generated automatically
-then look where your computer saved it (it is in the Fractal Blocks folder)
-drop the user effect block in that same folder
-restart Axe Edit!
-in Axe edit select the user block from the same small screen
-Then save your preset

It is not the most user friendly method. It was much easier in the past with Axe Manage but it works.
Btw after you change to another preset and go back to the preset with the user block you won't see the name of the user block anymore. Looks like your user block is gone but it is not. The name just doesn't get saved on the hardware.
Hey thanks Bodde. I actually tried this hahaha. But the block I saved looks like this >> Pitch_20131022_234648.blk
and his preset ends in .syx

And I figured out my whammi problems.

OK, that explains it, the old blocks were saved as .syx and they are not compatible with the new Axe-Edit. But, you could install an older version of Axe-Edit and examine the settings of that block.

Wait what? .syx isnt the extension for blocks anymore? So my old syx wont work on new preset builds?
Must have missed that in the update description....

Back
Top Bottom