What Am I Doing Wrong?

bleujazz3

Fractal Fanatic
Here's my problem:

I've got a series of user presets that being with preset # 385 that display in groups of 3 on my FM9. The 2 switches to the immediate right of the 3 presets is designated as BANK +1, and BANK -1. The BANKs increase and decrease in groups of 3, as required by the 3 presets displayed to the bottom left.

The problem is, whenever I chose BANK +1 or BANK -1, the large screen display changes, but not the mini-displays. I'd like the mini-displays to reflect what preset is also displayed in the large screen at the time. What can I do so that the 3 mini-displays display the correct preset?

Here's a screen shot of what I've currently got with my 1st group of 3 presets...

iFxdCwE.png

And here's what happens when one selects BANK +1. (BANK -1 works correctly)

Rs3Fi7a.png

Both. The editor displays the next bank of presets, but the mini-display doesn't reflect the bank increase. Just stays on the 1st group of 3 presets.

The FM9 large screen displays the bank increase, not the mini-displays.

You can see that the bank increase moves the presets forward in increments of 3 (385 to 388). Am somewhat perplexed as to how to allow the mini-displays to reflect the bank increase.

I'd hazard to say it has to do something with the functions aspect of the editor, but am not sure how to make this happen...unless it involves doing something with the category or function, am not sure...

Last edited:
Can you post a screenshot of both the Bank+ and Bank- switches in the editor so we can see the settings?

BANK +1. (Increase of 3 forward to 388). Note that the preset number and name increases correctly, but the mini-displays do not. Am wondering if the category, function, or mini-display name needs to be modified.

dIxW0wJ.png

BANK -1 (Decrease of 3 backward to 385)

0xVOE5C.png

Last edited:
I think because you're using a Preset function and not a Bank function?

What happens if you use Bank Increment/Decrement with global Bank Size set to 3?

This is what happens...Bank 078 shows up, which if you step on the switch, will change the bank to all empty presets. Stepping again increase the bank by 1. The Bank -1 is displayed above and decreases the bank num by 1. The large screen does not change.

Apparently the default bank size is current 5. Is there a way to manually change that in the hardware to 3?

YeRYNkR.png

Last edited:
TY. A virtual beer to you. Thank you, guys. Does what it's supposed to now. Renamed the Bank (which actually changed from 78 to 130) to BANK +1 and -1.

Also, the reason why the large screen does not change when switching banks is because one needs to activate the correct preset footswitch in the bank before the large screen will change.

Last edited:
One note: in your previous setup the new preset would load automatically because you were using a Preset function. That is also why there main display would change.

In Bank functions by default it only sets up the Preset switches to be "ready" to change to one of them. If you want the 1st preset in the destination bank to automatically load similar to what you had before then you can change the Preset Load option on your bank switches (default is None).

One note: in your previous setup the new preset would load automatically because you were using a Preset function. That is also why there main display would change.

In Bank functions by default it only sets up the Preset switches to be "ready" to change to one of them. If you want the 1st preset in the destination bank to automatically load similar to what you had before then you can change the Preset Load option on your bank switches (default is None).
TY. Am currently happy with what displays with my FM9. The BANK inc/dec works correctly in 3 increments. Also was able to relocate my presets one step back to 384 so the bank would display the 1st preset on the far left switch. My FM9 is OK now.

Back
Top Bottom