1. We would like to remind our members that this is a privately owned, run and supported forum. You are here at the invitation and discretion of the owners. As such, rules and standards of conduct will be applied that help keep this forum functioning as the owners desire. These include, but are not limited to, removing content and even access to the forum.

Please give yourself a refresher on the forum rules you agreed to follow when you signed up.
    Dismiss Notice

What am I doing Wrong??

Discussion in 'MFC Discussion' started by fuzzy.pinetree, Apr 23, 2018.

1. fuzzy.pinetree

fuzzy.pinetree
    Expand Collapse
    New here

I got that "Axe FX Name Timeout" thing on the MFC-101 Mk3. So I rushed back and turned the Axe FX off, but then none of my switches on the MFC would do anything. It looked normal, but nothing changed when I'd press a switch.

I'm using Faslink with an Axe FX II XL+. XLR from Faslink jack on the MFC to the Faslink jack on the Axe FX. I'm confused cause on the MFC QUICK START GUIDE, it shows that this is a valid connection. But the MFC Owners Manual doesn't show that this is okay. It says I MUST use an adapter.

2. Moke

Moke
    Expand Collapse
    Fractal Fanatic

From the Faslink quickstart guide..........
    WARNING: FASLINKā„¢ or Ethernet/EtherCON powers the MFC. Do not also connect its AC Adapter to either the Axe-Fx II or MFC-101!

From the Manual.(page 8)........
    faslink 1.png

From Page 13.......

faslink 2.png

3. fuzzy.pinetree

fuzzy.pinetree
    Expand Collapse
    New here

SEE! I don't ever use the AC adapter.

4. trancegodz

trancegodz
    Expand Collapse
    Veteran

Did you get it working alright yet?

I never had a timeout" screen when using only an ethernet cable to connect between the Axe FXII and MFC-101. I have an older Axe FXII that does not have FASLINK.

The only time I have ever had a "timeout" screen was since I bought an Axe FXIII and connected the MFC-101 to that with a midi cable and powered the MFC-101 by the AC Adapter. It only happens if I turn on the MFC-101 before I turn on the Axe FXIII. If I turn on the Axe FXIII first it is fine.

5. Moke

Moke
    Expand Collapse
    Fractal Fanatic

Is your 'Port' set to 'Faslink'? (Page 13 in the Manual) (see pic above)

6. Billbill

Billbill
    Expand Collapse
    Forum Addict

You need to select FASLINK on the MFC101 and in the AxeFx I/O midi menu!