what am i doing wrong?

Hoosierdaddy

Inspired
i have axe-XL--just got my 2nd atomic active neo CLR - and running FAS cables out of output 1,(L--R)1/4 plugs
on rear ,one to each monitor- with equal settings on clr
-equal distance from each other and one is louder than the other.?

ant ideals?

i have axe-XL--just got my 2nd atomic active neo CLR - and running FAS cables out of output 1,(L--R)1/4 plugs
on rear ,one to each monitor- with equal settings on clr
-equal distance from each other and one is louder than the other.?

ant ideals?

Try swapping the cables. Is the same monitor still louder? If so, it's the monitors. If not, it's the patch or something about the fractal, cables, etc.

It's probably the room. Swap the cabs around; see whether the louder cab is still on the same side of the room.

Thanks for the reply`s so far.
I have changed cables,locations,and still need to bring up the volume on one to be equal,, and always testing out by sitting in the exact middle between the monitors.
on the back of the CLR s I have them set at mix on the Link Select.

I have changed cables,locations,and still need to bring up the volume on one to be equal...
But which one? Is the louder speaker always on the same side of the room, or does the louder speaker change sides when you swap the speakers around?

...on the back of the CLR s I have them set at mix on the Link Select.
If you're not using the Link output, it doesn't matter where the switch is set.

Once you've answered the question above, here's another one: how much louder is one side than the other? 2 dB or 10 dB?

Also, go to the VU meter page in the global menu and see of your preset is equal volume on left and right output #1

Sounds like a CLR issue ,turn the knobs on the CLR's all the way down and compare positions of the knobs, sometimes they aren't put on the same? match them on 0 and retry. a small difference on the input can make a pretty fair difference in volume.

Sounds like a CLR issue ,turn the knobs on the CLR's all the way down and compare positions of the knobs, sometimes they aren't put on the same? match them on 0 and retry. a small difference on the input can make a pretty fair difference in volume.
Also, if it's a small difference in volume, it could just be differences in the pots themselves. It's rare for any two pots to perfectly match each others' response. At low settings, the difference can be big.

Reactions: RDH
Yep - I'd go with Rex's theory - the pots are likely to be a little different from each other.

I've never had a 2 channel amp (EG Mesa Boogie 50/50 and also Matrix GT1000FX) that have their channel attenuation knobs set to 'exactly' the same position to achieve a perceived equal volume from the speakers attached to them.

Plus 2 identical model amps might have slight variances in their input/output responses too.

As long as the tone is consistent from each speaker and the difference in input pot positions isn't wildly out I wouldn't be too concerned.

Come to think of it .... even 2 identical speakers can sound a wee bit different to each other - nothings really exact - but should be within reasonable tolerances.

Back
Top Bottom