What am I doing wrong? TMA block = no sound / bypass = sound

MaxStatic

Inspired
I'm embarrassed to ask as I know there has to be something simple I've missed here. I've gone through the manual and tutorials and it all makes perfect sense but I have a problem non the less.

I've downloaded a bunch of TMA patches from this forum to try out. Problem is, once I load one onto the Axe there is no sound. Well, truthfully there is a very very very VERY faint whisper of tone coming through but it sounds like bleed through. Present in all outputs(1,2, and headphones)

If I disable the TMA block, I get the tone of an amp with no cab i.e. fuzzy but normal volume. If I throw a cab in there, it sounds like a normal preset. So then I bypass the cab and turn the TMA back on and I get nada. Back to quiet "can't hear nothing"ville :eek:ops

I've tried this with 6 or 7 patches, all from different folks, and all within the first two pages of this particular forum.

Thoughts? I know it has to be something simple here that I'm missing. Me want to play too. :cry

Thanks!

I think this may be a bug...don't know for sure, obviously, but I've had this happen with several downloaded patches as well.

Its not you, this is an issue that has started showing up. I just had it happen to a patch I shared although it works fine on my AxeFXII.

Did you try using the front panel of the Axe itself, going into edit of the TM block and hit enter to run the match? Sometimes this works. Sometimes not. Not sure whats going on with this.

To clarify I am not matching anything, just trying to use patches others have posted. I hope to try some tone matching this weekend just been swamped so I wanted to see what others were getting as far as results go.

So a potential bug ehh? I was hoping I didn't have a setting right somewhere. Wonder if somehow the EQ curve is not saving with the patch and it hosted somewhere on the originating unit? I don't even pretend to be smart enough to figure the ins/outs but if it's a bug, I'm sure it will get sorted soon.

I have the same issue. You need to save the patch from the unit's main panel. It does not work from axe edit. Hopefully we will get an update soon. I won't complain... v6 is awesome !

Same here - no sound running a shared patch - saved through the front panel - still no sound. Edited the TMA and hit enter, got sound but full of static.

I've been getting weird things like editing a TM preset and then adding a wah block would kill the matched signal (just hit enter again and it's back) and the latest one was selecting a drive block's settings from the lower left corner of AxeEdit killed it. None of these things occur from the front panel so it's got to be an editor issue.

I've had this problem with patches I created myself and saved in AxeEdit. I have been able to fix it by going into EDIT for tone match on the front panel and just hitting ENTER again. Sometimes I have to do it twice. It will occasionally repeat itself but I think I've been saving it in AxeEdit which is still my primary (95%) means of interface. I'll try saving it from the front panel next time.

Hermmmm. When I get home from work I will try some of the things suggestions above. Seems like Axe-Edit or the loading from Axe-Edit is the issue here maybe.

Regardless, sh*t will buff out and I'm sure it will get sorted out soon. This is a brand new feature after all. V6 is sick as hell and already provides eleventybillion more capability than I will ever ask of it.

That´s the cool thing about Fractal. It WILL get sorted out. And it does not cost you 100$ for the update.

I've been getting weird things like editing a TM preset and then adding a wah block would kill the matched signal (just hit enter again and it's back) and the latest one was selecting a drive block's settings from the lower left corner of AxeEdit killed it. None of these things occur from the front panel so it's got to be an editor issue.

Same exact thing here.

Bahhhhhh, got stuck at work all sorts of late and have an ungodly early show tomorrow. Will report back tomorrow after some experimentation.

I did happen to find a suitible audio clip that I will use to make my first TMA while I was driving home today. Once I do, I'll post it and would be interested if ya'll can open it or not.

So I DL'ed some more TMA patches and still no dice.

HOOOOOOOOWWWWWEEVVVAAAAAAAAA, I did finally have the opportunity to try it out for myself. Worked like a charm!

This is the first one I've done, based on an old Napalm Death song called If Symptoms Persist. I'd be interested if other folks are able to use it or not. Posted below.

Attachments

• Napalm TMA.syx
    6.3 KB · Views: 11
Something else I saw was that for my TMA patch, when I look the TMA block Process window, I have a waveform. When I look at the same for patches I've downloaded that don't work, there is nothing there.

So me thinks the reference is not saved with the patch. A possible workaround might be to export the TMA as a cab and post both the user cab and preset to share.

**********DING DING DING DING**************

This just in, AFTER I had made and saved one of my own patches with a TMA block, others now work! Even the ones that I couldn't load yesterday. It's like by doing it for myself once it unlocked the capability of the machine. So for those of you that are having issues loading other folks patches with TMA blocks in them, do a tone match yourself, save it and then try again. Weird but it worked for me. Went through the whole mess of patches from "seedsoftheday" and man were there some tasty bits in that.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom