What am I doing wrong - Loading IRs

crystAlex

Hey Guys,

sorry if this is not the right spot, I figured I'd have the best chance of bumping into experts here.

I'm having a hard time loading IRs into my Axe Ultra.
I've downloaded this pack a while back (on this forum, or the gearpage), and never really got around to exploring it.
I loaded a few IRs on the spot, liked 'm, and used 'm.

Today I figured I'd really run through 'm, fine tune, and get the best on the 11 slots.

I don't know what it is, but this keeps happening.

I choose the IRs, load them to the slots, select 'Send to axe', and while sending, the names change, and although sometimes some of my selected cabs stay on there, they're not usable (name between brackets).
The funny thing is that, out of the 11 cabs I try to upload, each time 1 or 2 (different ones) actually 'sticks', and is usable.
I have no issue with any other editing, and I used to be able to do this perfectly as well...

Any thoughts? Am I doing something wrong?

Thanks in advance for the help!

Hey Guys,

sorry if this is not the right spot, I figured I'd have the best chance of bumping into experts here.

I'm having a hard time loading IRs into my Axe Ultra.
I've downloaded this pack a while back (on this forum, or the gearpage), and never really got around to exploring it.
I loaded a few IRs on the spot, liked 'm, and used 'm.

Today I figured I'd really run through 'm, fine tune, and get the best on the 11 slots.

I don't know what it is, but this keeps happening.

I choose the IRs, load them to the slots, select 'Send to axe', and while sending, the names change, and although sometimes some of my selected cabs stay on there, they're not usable (name between brackets).
The funny thing is that, out of the 11 cabs I try to upload, each time 1 or 2 (different ones) actually 'sticks', and is usable.
I have no issue with any other editing, and I used to be able to do this perfectly as well...

Any thoughts? Am I doing something wrong?

Thanks in advance for the help!

The AxeFx Ultra and Standard only support 10 user cabs, so I would only recommend placing 10 cabs in the Axe-manage "User Cabs" window before attempting to send them to the AxeFx. In case you are not aware, the Axe Fx Ultra and Standard also do not support custom cab names within the AxeFx, so that whatever the name of the cab file is in Axe Manage, you will not see a corresponding name appear in the AxeFx
Also worth noting I seem to remember (although it may be an axe edit setting, or I may be completely wrong), that if you use Axe Edit/ Axe Manage to right click on a single User Cab file to "audition" the cab it will overwrite the cab in user slot 1 in the AxeFx.

The AxeFx Ultra and Standard only support 10 user cabs, so I would only recommend placing 10 cabs in the Axe-manage "User Cabs" window before attempting to send them to the AxeFx. In case you are not aware, the Axe Fx Ultra and Standard also do not support custom cab names within the AxeFx, so that whatever the name of the cab file is in Axe Manage, you will not see a corresponding name appear in the AxeFx
Also worth noting I seem to remember (although it may be an axe edit setting, or I may be completely wrong), that if you use Axe Edit/ Axe Manage to right click on a single User Cab file to "audition" the cab it will overwrite the cab in user slot 1 in the AxeFx.

Strange... There have always been 11 slots... I'll try and delete one, in case that's the issue.
So you mean that, whatever name is written in axe-manage, it can get any random name once in AxeEdit?
The funny thing is, when I repeatedly try to send it, sometimes it will get the name of a cab I tried to send earlier.
(As in 'Send cab 1' ==> fail, try again with different cab, 'send cab 2' ==> Cab 1 written in the slot.)
I might have to call mulder and scully on this one, huh?

Thanks for the help!

Just had a quick look as I couldn't remember, and the user cab selection in Axe Edit does match the my UserCab list in Axe Manage. I meant that in The AXeFx itself, whatever the user cab custom name is that appears in both Axe Edit and Axe Manage, will not appear in the AxeFX itself after successfully sending the user cab to it. for example if I have a cab in Axe Manage in user slot 8 called "08 3rd edge-half.syx" after it is sent to the AxeFx it will still only be called "User 8" in the AxeFX itself.
I don't know if it matters but for my own convenience, I prefixed the names of my user cabs in Axe Manage with the user slot number. eg:-

User cab No Filename
1 01 Marshall1960A-G12Ms-M160-CapEdgeOffAxis-1in.syx
2 02 acoustic2048_1.syx
3 03 Marshall1960A-G12Ms-R121-CapEdge-1in.syx
4 04 Marshall1960A-G12Ms-SM57-Cone-1in.syx
....etc etc up to the last entry for user cab 10. (AxeFX Ultra/Standard only has 10 user cab slots).

My information is based on Axe Edit version 1.0.191, and my AxeFx Standard is using firmware 11.0

The text formatting went a bit wrong in my last post for the section "User cab No Filename" as this section was supposed to be in two columns.

The first column was meant to be:-

User cab No

and the second column to the right of it was meant to be:-

Filename
01 Marshall1960A-G12Ms-M160-CapEdgeOffAxis-1in.syx
02 acoustic2048_1.syx
03 Marshall1960A-G12Ms-R121-CapEdge-1in.syx
04 Marshall1960A-G12Ms-SM57-Cone-1in.syx

The text formatting went a bit wrong in my last post for the section "User cab No Filename" as this section was supposed to be in two columns.

The first column was meant to be:-

User cab No

and the second column to the right of it was meant to be:-

Filename
01 Marshall1960A-G12Ms-M160-CapEdgeOffAxis-1in.syx
02 acoustic2048_1.syx
03 Marshall1960A-G12Ms-R121-CapEdge-1in.syx
04 Marshall1960A-G12Ms-SM57-Cone-1in.syx
Thanks for the advice...
I do indeed think they're supposed to match, but I can't imagine the naming has anything to do with it? Is that what you're suggesting?
This remains strange.
Does anyone think reinstalling AxeManage or Edit should help?

Thanks for the advice...
I do indeed think they're supposed to match, but I can't imagine the naming has anything to do with it? Is that what you're suggesting?
This remains strange.
Does anyone think reinstalling AxeManage or Edit should help?

I would tend to agree that it shouldn't matter about the naming, but is always an option to try.
I haven't sent any new cabs to my Axe Fx Standard for over twelve months, but the software was all the same versions as now and it worked fine at the time. About the only other thing I remember about sending cabs is that I always did it one cab file at time rather than attempt to use the "send all" option.
I have had AxeEdit completely crash on me before now, but all was well again after uninstalling and re-installing (Windows 7 PC). It's another option you could try if all else fails.

I would tend to agree that it shouldn't matter about the naming, but is always an option to try.
I haven't sent any new cabs to my Axe Fx Standard for over twelve months, but the software was all the same versions as now and it worked fine at the time. About the only other thing I remember about sending cabs is that I always did it one cab file at time rather than attempt to use the "send all" option.
I have had AxeEdit completely crash on me before now, but all was well again after uninstalling and re-installing (Windows 7 PC). It's another option you could try if all else fails.
You're right... Would be dumb not to at least try it.
Also VERY valuable input on the individual/send all point...
Thanks. A few options to test already!

Back
Top Bottom