What albums calm you?

walnutzz

Inspired
What is your go-to album or song that has the ability to calm you regardless of what's going on around you? I posted the link to this in another topic a while back, but the first seven songs of this soundtrack have invoked tranquility every time I've put it on since released in 1991. It's almost meditation to me. All genres and styles welcome.

I usually prefer a playlist of outdoor sounds: babbling brook, insects buzzing, bird songs, wind blowing, gentle rain. I like YT videos that feature cooking in a natural environment. The YT "Men with a Pot" channel is a good example.

Originally from amazon.com: Nature Sound Library.

Even though I'm mostly an indoors guy myself, hearing these things calms any nervousness and provides me with a feeling of inner peace.

There was a time when I used to fear going outside my comfort zone, and then I realized fresh air, sunshine, clean water, nutritious food, regular exercise, and adequate sleep is healthy for you. So every so often whenever I might feel tense, I step away from my usual (sometimes) stressful work, take a break, and enjoy some fresh air. It helps clear my head of any negative emotions.

If that's not practical for the time, the playlist puts me in a better place than otherwise. I also have learned to not watch too much TV entertainment, because that can sometimes be stressful in itself. Music is helpful in that it can stir your emotions, though I've learned to not play hard rock or metal if I'd like to relax. That type of music I usually reserve for vigorous exercise and blowing off steam. To soothe, it's back to the babbling brook and bird songs.

Loreena McKennitt albums have always had a pretty calming effect on me. Just something with her voice.

Of course, going in the other direction, I can take my mind off things with harder music as well. I'm honestly not sure which way is better a lot of the time.

They are so many …. But this one are the type of song that make the time stop 😅

But the question is not easy as it make me realize that most of the relaxing songs will be finally very depressive ones .
Thinking of “oh!” From the breeders, “something in the way”nirvana, chokebore “black black” album, recent einsturzende Neubauten like “silence is sexy” or “perpetual mobile” albums .

Two that always work for me:

River Suite for Two Guitars: Tony Rice and John Carlini

Beethoven's 6th Symphony: Berlin Philharmonic, Herbert von Karajan

If I'm in a bad or sad mood then I'll sometimes rewatch the Blues Brothers

Back
Top Bottom