What about a web class on just the amp block?

Stadanko

Inspired
Not to take away from Cooper's classes, which have been great.....but I couldn't help wondering if enough interest could generate a response from anyone who might be interested in doing it.

Not sure who would feel comfortable tackling the subject, cause its a bit of a beast. (Maybe Cooper) I have no doubt it would be an immense value to the community at large.

Cliffs notes are quite a wealth of info, but a class would really help tie things together I'm sure.

Lets hear some shouts!!!:mrgreen

Count on me on a Mesa shootout.. =) Not the best on other amps tho, I just follow my ear..
But I use Mesas 99% of the time..

I found the section on the compressor in coopers newest class very useful. So a more in depth class on effects would be awesome.

From my standpoint:

Every style of amp is VERY different. There are some overlaps, but tweaks are extremely amp dependent...even on similar type amps. So asking for a single AMP class is asking for 50+ different types of adjustments; hell, you could spend 3 hours on just the Plexi's. Say nothing about pairing with a CAB.

Nice thought, but execution would be, at best, iffy.

R

Well I'm thinking more of an overall tutorial of the parameters themselves. Obviously the amps can very greatly in physical composition and tone type etc.

Cliff has detailed a lot in his posts over time but some real audio to match the explanations would be very useful. I've learned a lot from just what Cliff has shared.

I'm Personally not looking to scrutinize each amp type specifically. That would probably not be necessary to make a useful curriculum on the amp block. I don't think you need to break down every amp to educate people on the concepts with some auditory reference.

Maybe you start by giving an in depth lecture on the amp parameters. Then select some amp scenario examples which can illustrate the point. That would at least be more than saying its probably to much trouble.

On the other hand, maybe you make mulitple classes for different amp types and charge $40 a class. Does money talk? People can pick and choose what they want to focus on. If I had the knowlwedge, that's what I'd be doing after watching Cooper's classes. I imagine the demand would be there, but who knows. My thread will be some indicator I'm sure.

i would love a class on all the mysterious advanced parameters...

i leave most of them on default and only use the basic and amp settings

Yeah it would be cool.......have a Marshall only one focusing on classic tones using a Les Paul/SG/Strat/Wolfgang to cover 60's/70's/80's iconic tones.

Dial in the classic tones from each era including effects. Deep dive the advanced parameters where necessary & I'm sure it would be a very popular class.

Do another one focusing on Mesa Boogies from the 80's thru today........etc

That's the spirit!!

Well I'm hoping more people will chime in in a positive way. I think that's what its going to take.....

Back
Top Bottom