What A Tool!!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
backpedaling gives me a queasy, nauseous feeling, like I might dry vomit a little bit, or maybe have a nice, slow, wet fart all over someone's stupid t-shirt collection.

First of all, let's try not to be mean towards Glenn as it doesn't serve a purpose. I know under that mean bear shell there is a sensitive guy with real human emotions.

I do understand that it's really hard for us to comment anything Glenn does without coming across as us trying to insult him. Even that sentence probably seems like an insult. I honestly don't mean to insult him but simply give my perspective to all this.

I'm surprised that people are surprised that the mix was bad.

Internet/YouTube personalities are somewhat an illusion. Or did you guys think I was really Superman? (I really am.. this is just me trying to cover up my tracks.) There are so many hobbyist home studio guys out there these days (including myself) and everyone is capable of giving a professional quality studio image of themselves by stacking a bunch of gear behind you when shooting every video. It gives an image of this being a professional guy. I would suggest people not to judge with their eyes but their ears. Think about it... How many professional audio engineers use Reaper as a DAW? CLA is the only professional engineer who is even remotely similar in his attitude as Glenn and he's got such a resume that he can afford to be like that. How many real professional audio engineers are only doing one genre? (there are some but not many)

The sad part is that I've honestly never been impressed with any of Glenn's clips and the main problem is not his mixing. The musicians he records are not very good. Recording music is capturing a performance and like Glenn himself said he should push the people doing the performance to do a better job. Also based on my "hobbyist engineer" experience there's a huge difference in mixing a good performer and mixing a bad performer. It's a completely different thing. With a bad performer you try to rescue the tracks to make it sound like a good performance. It's a completely different thing with a good performer. That is what I would call "real mixing". Mixing should be subtle correction enhancing a great performance. I would not work with any of those drummers that Glenn has in those videos.

So my point is, I'm surprised how many people take him seriously.

TBH, I don't get it. He takes down something that wasn't up to par and says it was his mistake. What's wrong with that?

Nothing...it's actually a respectable thing to do.

But nobody is going to give him any slack because he loves to criticize anyone/anything in his pointless rants.
Obviously people love the chance to see someone like that, eat some crow.

Honestly, besides the fact that he bashes the AxeFX for no reason other than his own lack of knowledge, I really dislike the fact that he feels a need to use "F**k88g" in every single sentence. Very low class IMHO--

What makes you think he lacks knowledge of the Axe FX? He did a full video on it saying it was good, just overpriced and if one came into his studio again he'd like to hook it up. In fact what is it you think he said about the axe FX that makes him ignorant of it? All I've heard him say is that a person doesn't need 40 tones to be good. Did he say everybody does that? No. But some people DO do that, and they think they are the shit because they have more tones than the next guy, but are still bad players. People have completely missed his point. His point was that just because a person has a ton of gear doesn't mean they are a good player, and a lot of players that have that great gear think they are the bomb because of it. You can sound good on bad equipment if you are a great player. I'm actually dumbfounded why so many people can't put that together. As a major Fractal fan myself, I'm embarrassed that so many people in this forum attack for his view on the axe FX, when they haven't even taken the time understand it before attacking him.

Many people don't like him for his swearing, how he looks etc, but a lot of people don't like him for his view on the Axe Fx, and that's because they don't seem to have the mental capability to think past their fanboy mentality. Oh no, somebody said something about Fractal in a way that they don't like, better start attacking his personality instead, his looks etc. Don't bother putting the fanboy mentality for Fractal aside for a second and think rationally. It's just so stupid. I know I'm going to get some backlash for this comment from some people, but I just wish they'd grow up a bit. Resorting to stupid and petty attacks in an attempt to join in the gang mentality to make yourselves feel better for whatever reason you need to, is just PLAIN STUPID.

Go look through his videos and find me one reason why his opinion on Fractal pisses you off so much, besides the fact that he thinks it's overpriced.

Great, the ever popular f**b*y statement.---Wow, you better go thru his videos again, I'd rather not thanks...and yes, You should be embarrassed as hell...............about your post............Who is the f**b*y here pal....

I hate that word. I really do.

Your post is the attack and foolish petty crap. I don't care who he is or how great you obviously think he is.....I was being kind in my post....

I agree with fricker's opinion on the axefx.. it does sound great and it IS pricey and definitely overkill for my part-time playing.
but so what.. soon as I get the cash I'll buy another.

Why are threads like this even allowed here? This thread is meant to start a gang mentality to attack somebody because they admit they made a bad recording? Jesus. Change your diapers people, they are FULL!

Wow again......you may be partially correct about the intent of the thread, but that does NOT change the fact that I believe my original post that you slammed, (but no one else's ?) to be correct, you know why? Because it is "my opinion". just like you may have an opinion that I don't agree with.

BTW, "seriously underwhelmed and my 5150 blew the doors off it" That is a lack of knowledge about the axefx, plain and simple and that is what I based my post on---well and his wonderful choice of words..

Last edited:
I agree with fricker's opinion on the axefx.. it does sound great and it IS pricey and definitely overkill for my part-time playing.
but so what.. soon as I get the cash I'll buy another.

Well, I guess it's not inexpensive, but how much is a boutique amp? Now those are pricey. And you only get "one".

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom