What 2 amps are your favourite to blend together?

I haven't blended any amps for my live stuff. I've done some overdub stuff. I have considered making a patch, for using at home, explicitly for try this though.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Interesting blend of amps for a funky tone...I'm not sure if the Hiwatt got the G3 treatment but regardless it's an awesome clean-ish/crunch amp in the Quantum beta firmware...

try to set the tones so they'll get a touch 'gritty' when you play hard
that grit will turn to sparkle in the mix

the Hiwatt has the 'body', the JCM800 has the spank
I run them into a stereo cab, Hiwatt -> 4x12 TV mix panned hard left / JCM -> 4x12 AX mix panned hard right

I have tried blending the Matchless DC30 and and the Buttery preset with the bright switch on buttery
I use this for my main Crunch tone with the RC Booster as the drive pedal in front.

My two main patches are a Splawn Nitro & Quickrod, and a Diezel Herbert & Recto.

Sounds like we have similar tastes in the Splawn combination. I'd recommend trying a JCM 800 & Powerball combo, too. That's another favorite of mine.

To reproduce the sound of an old recording of my old band I used to mix a Blankenship leeds with everything on 10, and a Recto1 red. Nice and dirty, the muscle and fizz of the recto with the mids and looseness of the blankenship leeds. Tasty.

My best Fender tones come from a the entirely non-Fender combo of the Bogner Shiva (lead) and Boogie Lonestar (clean).

Triptik modern + tucana with eternal love = pure ear sex.

Also...unrelated......I've recently discovered that the mv*pf cap switch in the amp block is a game changuh! Get your highs without sacrificing chunk.

Sounds like we have similar tastes in the Splawn combination. I'd recommend trying a JCM 800 & Powerball combo, too. That's another favorite of mine.

Any tips for taming the Engl models? I owned a Savage 120 for years, and have played and really enjoyed the Powerball in real life, but I cannot get tones that I like out of the Axe-FX models.

Anyone else using a hi powered 4x12 amp/cab blended with a low powered 1x12?

My main preset is a Plexi 100 and Deluxe Verb.

JTM-45+ 5F1 Tweed is pretty fun!

Edit for imrecs - Using an 8 inch for the tweed and 4x12 121 TV for the JTM.

To reproduce the sound of an old recording of my old band I used to mix a Blankenship leeds with everything on 10, and a Recto1 red. Nice and dirty, the muscle and fizz of the recto with the mids and looseness of the blankenship leeds. Tasty.

So what hear did you use on the original recording? I'd love to hear the original and the redo.

Savage + USA Lead (Mark IV) is pretty sweet. Also Uberschall + the powerball models make for a super thick and aggressive sound.

Any tips for taming the Engl models? I owned a Savage 120 for years, and have played and really enjoyed the Powerball in real life, but I cannot get tones that I like out of the Axe-FX models.

Sorry about the late reply. Here are a couple of tips for the Powerball model.

1) Keep the drive low.

2) Push it with the 808 drive (Drive:0 Level:10).

3) Getting the Master Volume up to around 6.5 is the sweet spot for me.

I like to use the stock IR #43 for the cab block (4x12 RECTO SM57) for jamming, but in recording situations I use OwnHammer IRs.

Hope this helps.

Yesterday I cam up with some nice ones that I'm hoping to base my longer term sounds around:
1) Plexi and TX Star Lead for a more crunchy tone
2) Vibroverb AB and Matchless D30 for a fenderish clean tone
3) Hipower and Vibroverb AB to get the rich thick clean tone with a hint of dirt, and with a little more cut from the Vibroverb

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom